The Mental Health Line service is for people aged 18 and over (including people over 65). People who are feeling anxious, depressed or have other worries about their mental health can call the line between 09.00 and 16.00 Monday to Friday. An experienced worker will take their details and make an appointment for them to speak to a specialist mental health practitioner, who will ring them back at a mutually convenient time within the following 36 hours. The practitioner will assess the person over the phone, and provide help and support and sometimes a referral on to other services.
Please click on the following link to read our latest update: March.April 2020
In this month’s newsletter you can read about our recent School Review and get the latest update on the school expansion plans. February 2020
This morning saw the launch of the second unit of our Building Reslience programme. The focus for this unit is Keep Connected and the key messages are that:
- relationships are important for our health and wellbeing
- belonging to a group can be a good way to build friendships
- good relationships are a two-way thing.
As you are aware, we have had a number of children who have been unwell as a result of respiratory illness. The main symptoms being reported include:
– sore throat
– muscle aches
– sore tummy
– cold/flu like symptoms
We would advise parents to take note of the following advice from NHS.
In the home the risk of catching or spreading flu/cold like illness can be reduced by:
• Regular hand washing with liquid soap and running water
• Covering nose and mouth when coughing or sneezing
• Using a disposable paper tissue, disposed of immediately after use.
• You can teach your child to sneeze into the ‘crook’ of their arm rather than their hands, if they don’t have a tissue. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQINuSTP1jI
• Good general cleaning of surface that everyone touches often e.g. TV remote, light switches, door handles, toilet flushes and tap heads.
CHILDREN SHOULD NOT RETURN TO SCHOOL UNTIL COMPLETELY WELL AND 48 HOURS AFTER THE SYMPTOMS HAVE CEASED.
The following link takes you to the latest edition of our newsletter. As you can imagine, at this time of the year there are lots of things happening and dates for your diary. Dec 2019-Jan 2020
The following link takes you to the latest edition of our newsletter – Oct Nov 2019