The following might help you if you’re looking for something to do in the holidays:
In this month’s newsletter you can read about our recent School Review and get the latest update on the school expansion plans. February 2020
This morning saw the launch of the second unit of our Building Reslience programme. The focus for this unit is Keep Connected and the key messages are that:
As you are aware, we have had a number of children who have been unwell as a result of respiratory illness. The main symptoms being reported include:
– sore throat
– muscle aches
– sore tummy
– cold/flu like symptoms
We would advise parents to take note of the following advice from NHS.
In the home the risk of catching or spreading flu/cold like illness can be reduced by:
• Regular hand washing with liquid soap and running water
• Covering nose and mouth when coughing or sneezing
• Using a disposable paper tissue, disposed of immediately after use.
• You can teach your child to sneeze into the ‘crook’ of their arm rather than their hands, if they don’t have a tissue. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQINuSTP1jI
• Good general cleaning of surface that everyone touches often e.g. TV remote, light switches, door handles, toilet flushes and tap heads.
CHILDREN SHOULD NOT RETURN TO SCHOOL UNTIL COMPLETELY WELL AND 48 HOURS AFTER THE SYMPTOMS HAVE CEASED.
Please click on the following link to read our June newsletter: June 2019
The latest version of our newsletter is available to read by clicking on the following link: May 2019
Every class in the school recently had some important lessons from Save a Life Scotland. They taught each child how to do CPR and other age-appropriate skills.
The children all enjoyed it and did very well.
You can see read what P2/3 wrote about it on their Class Blog here and see some school photos on St John Scotland’s Facebook Page.
It is anticipated that work on the extension to the school will begin week beginning 30th April. The following presentation that was shared at a recent Parent Partnership meeting provides more detail of the plans. Gullane – Parent Council Presentation Jan 2020 – Rev A