P3/4 and P4 have been doing an amazing job making and selling fruit smoothies and iced lollies.
They would like to thank all the children who are buying them, and parents and staff who are helping.
They would like to stress that ice lollies will still be on sale until Friday or, earlier if stock runs out.
The Christmas Lunch menu is available here and should be pre ordered in your child’s schoolpay account by no later than Monday 2 December 2019.
Please note that P3 lunches MUST still be ordered by 2nd December too.
Your child has been asked to see if they can log into Google Classroom at home, and given a simple task to do and read with their parent/s when you all have time.
When he/she has manged to log into Google Classroom, the task that they have to do should be showing in the Google Classroom ‘stream.’
A reminder of how to do their username should be at the back of their reading record, as well as the formula to remind them of their password if they have forgotten it!
The blog post here should explain what to do if you or your child needs support.
As we prepared for using G-Suite/Google Apps at home, we discussed the safe use of the Internet and how to use council devices and equipment in class today.
As well as the Dos and Don’ts we created as a class yesterday, we discussed the undernoted document in class today.
It would be really helpful if you had time to read over the document and discuss them with your child.
DOCUMENT FOR DISCUSSION –
ELC Internet Safety
P3s have been told today that they can now log on Google Classroom at home.
Here are instructions if they need some support –
Accessing Google Classroom
You can use
A Tablet – iPad, Kindle, Chrome Tablet, Kindle
A computer – laptop or desktop
A Smartphone – with apps that can go on the internet
Use Apps for your Smartphone or Tablet
Go to Google Playstore or the Apple Store to get them for free.
You need to get an app for every Google Application like Google Classroom, Google Docs.
You log in with your own Google/Edubuzz username and password. (Remember @edubuzz.org).
Using a Desktop or a Laptop
- Open the browser (application) you use to go on the Internet. (Safari, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Edge, Chrome).
- Go to Google.com
- Click on sign in
- Type in your username (remember the @edubuzz.org)
- Type your password.
- Find the App from the 9 dots/app picker.
Using a Chromebook
If you have your own Chromebook, remember that you type in your SCHOOL details to log in (including @edubuzz.org). You do not log in with another account your parents may have created for you.
- Go in Google Classroom or Google Docs anytime you want. You can look at Slides and Sheets
- Make your own docs anytime you want and share them with Mr McEwan.
- Share any news or add to any of the teacher’s posts anytime you want.
- Ask the computer or device to remember your log if it is your own device with a password or face or fingerprint ID
- Type @edubuzz with your username
- Use Google Classroom sensibly. Don’t fill it with things like ‘Are you there?’
- Tell someone your password
- Use an app that you have not been shown at school
- Say things you shouldn’t or use rude emojis or post about things that are inappropriate.
- Ask the device to remember your password if your share the device and do not have your own log in for it
- Use email until you have been taught or are doing it with your parent.
- Log in and pretend to be someone else.
- Open anything you are sent from someone you don’t know.
You can tell your mum and dad the FORMULA to help you log in (at the back of your reading record).
Please let me know of any problems and I can help.
Times have been issued to your child today and should be in their blue bag or Rainbow words bag.
Just a reminder that Individual and Family photos will be taken at school Tomorrow.
Remember that you can sign up for reminders from the School Google Calendar for major events here.
Any questions you have about school are often answered in our School Handbook, available on the main blog and I have put it on our Blog and here.
Can I remind you about a couple of things?
- Gym shoes should be worn in the hall, and Trainers kept in school for outdoor PE. School shoes are not ideal outside and can be slippy to run in. It is preferred that school shoes are worn to and from school rather than trainers.
- Please can ALL belongings be named. It is amazing all the lost items that have turned up unnamed in the Infant and P3 area already!
- Please can you initial/sign reading records when you have heard reading?
- Thanks for supporting your child to do their Rainbow Spelling words this week. I am impressed by all the Spelling carried out. Remember written tasks can be done in homework jotters. If your child does another activity like pasta words can you not in their jotters the activity done?Thanks