Join the Silly Squad this Summer!
This summer we’re going to get silly! The Summer Reading Challenge 2020 will feed the imaginations and create a greater sense of togetherness through the joy of reading. For 2020 we are delighted to present the ‘ Silly Squad’. This year thee Summer Reading Challenge can be done entirely online. Taking part is easy!
● Children sign up to our easy-to-use website and create their own profile at sillysquad.org.uk from 5th June onwards.
● They set their own challenge to read any amount of books during the Challenge, with children being encouraged to read anything that makes them happy – whether it be comics, joke books, poetry, fiction or non-fiction; in digital or print format; from e-book lending through the public library service or from what they already have at home.
● Each time they finish a book, they add it to their profile and write a review. They are rewarded with activities and incentives along the way, such as online badges, games and videos.
● Families are encouraged to join in and ‘Get Silly’ with downloadable activities, games, quizzes and more. With new content to enjoy each week, the fun will continue throughout the summer to keep families engaged.
● They receive a downloadable certificate once they’ve completed their challenge!
*** In addition, East Lothian Library will give a free book if you read 6 books, and write a short, one-sentence review for each book, and the school with the best engagement will win an author visit or £175 worth of books for their library.***