Our new orchestra (only running for 5 weeks) made its debut performance last night at the open evening. As you can see, there were lots of us and we made a fantastic sound. We will also be playing at the Fair Trade cafe after the P7 assembly on Tuesday.
Currently there is an exhibition in the former Tyneside Tartans shop regarding the Haddington Town Centre Strategy 2009 – 2014. Children in Primary 5 and Primary 6 have been offering their opinions about our town. We have been considering good points and are making suggestions for improvements. We are going to hand our opinions in to the Council so that they might be taken in to consideration too.
Here is a selection of our thoughts –
- Cars make jams because they park at the kerbs
- Traffic lights would be good at the end of the road on the way to Tesco
- More bus stops would make it easier for older people to get around
- We definitely need to stop people dropping gum on the ground.
- The buildings are colourful, but paint is peeling from some shops.
- I don’t feel safe walking past pubs.
- There should be flashing lights on the school road to say there are kids crossing.
- We need better tennis courts.
- A crossing in Market Street would be good.
We had a puzzle though. Outside which shop is there a hanging boot ?
[kml_flashembed movie="http://video.google.com/googleplayer.swf?docid=8129159078600384335" width="400" height="326" wmode="transparent" /]
Don Ledingham and Tam O’Shanter
In p5 we have been learning about internet safety on kid smart. It will tell you how to stay safe on the internet like in chat rooms. If some one said where do you live don’t answer or give personal details to them. It can be really dangerous if you are not sensible so be safe!
By Louise and Timmy