Haddington Primary School was established in August 2018 when Haddington Infant School (nursery to Primary 3) and King’s Meadow Primary School (Primary 4 – 7) were closed as separate entities and brought together as one school.
The vision from East Lothian Council:
THE PROPOSED CLOSURE OF HADDINGTON INFANT SCHOOL AND KING’S MEADOW PRIMARY SCHOOL AND THE ESTABLISHMENT OF A NEW PRIMARY SCHOOL AND ITS ASSOCIATED CATCHMENT AREA FOR HADDINGTON.
• Haddington Infant School and King’s Meadow Primary School will be closed with effect from August 2018, or as soon as possible thereafter;
• A new primary school and its associated catchment area will be established for Haddington with effect from August 2018, or as soon as possible thereafter;
• The new primary school will operate on a split site within the existing buildings and facilities for Haddington Infant School and King’s Meadow Primary School;
• Children attending Haddington Infant School and King’s Meadow Primary School will transfer to the new primary school with effect from August 2018, or as soon as possible thereafter. stron
Our first whole school assembly on the 12th October 2018 in the local leisure centre was certainly a pivotal moment in our journey.
Registers changed title in February 2019
- Our pupils, parents and staff were instrumental in choosing our uniform colour.
- Our school logo was created using a variety of ideas from our pupils’ designs and consulted upon within our whole school community.
- We established our vision, values and aims after welcoming Mr French, our Head Teacher, in November 2018.
- Signage around the 2 campus buildings was erected in December 2019.
We thank everyone for their support as we continue to grow as one school.
Further information about the schools becoming one can be found here; https://eastlothianconsultations.co.uk/education/haddington-