The Humbie Primary Parent Teacher’s Association (PTA)
We are here to support the children, the parents, the teachers and the community and to help make Humbie Primary School a wonderful place for everyone.
The PTA works closely with the parents and the school and nursery to raise extra funds to enrich our children’s learning. Humbie Primary is a dynamic place of learning, which the PTA supports through our fundraising. We also enjoy running events to get together with our wonderful community who are a wonderful support to our school.
There’s much hilarity to be had … (https://www.facebook.com/1518742121718892/videos/585821588828340)
The PTA support the school, learners and staff by offering their time and efforts to organise school and community events. Our three main events are:
- Bonfire Night (big bonfire, amazing fireworks, S’mores cooked over a Swedish star-log, and horseboxes selling mulled cider, homemade cakes and sausage baps!) https://www.facebook.com/humbiefireworks
- The Humbie Winter Market (Our village fills with amazing artisans, elves cooking waffles, face painting, storytelling, and a visit from a lovely bearded man in red.)
- Burns Night (Ceilidh and eat till you drop – and then eat some more and dance some more…) https://www.facebook.com/humbiewintermarket
- We also support school community cafes, pupil are exhibitions in the Hub, school plays and all manner of fun activities that pop-up through the year. Humbie Primary is a fun and creative place to grow!
What does the money pay for?
This academic year the school has asked us to help raise money for the following:
- Outdoor learning and play – Humbie Primary has a fantastic play space behind the school with messy play, ropes, a pirate ship and lots of loose parts play.
- Indoor resources such as our new wireless headphones, current reading books, the Week Junior, etc.
- Fruit as a daily option for all kids.
- After school club (ASC is a charity). Our bonfire night is a 100% fundraiser to support the running of this much-needed club.
- School trips and transport – this year, due to Covid restrictions, the kids and staff got creative by filming a Humbie Primary ‘Ice Monster’ production (written, starred in and filmed by the kids and staff of Humbie Primary). The PTA bought everyone lunch from Tonie’s Roaming Chip Van as a big well done.
WHO’S IN THE PTA?
The PTA is open to all. We are a wee school but we are able to host fabulous events and this is because of the brilliant team of parent volunteers and community helpers who pitch in and make the impossible possible.
Our three official positions are:
- Chairperson Hayley Dalrymple
- Secretary Tanya Young
- Treasurer Jennifer Gordon
To get in touch with any ideas/questions, please email email@example.com and we’ll get back to you soon.
OTHER WAYS TO HELP
This is a super cool and easy way to help raise funds for our school just by shopping online in your usual way. Just go online, sign up (it’s very easy), download the reminder toolbar and just shop online as usual. Partner retailers will donate a percentage of what you spend to our cause at no cost to you at all.
We raised over £190 last academic year for free using Easyfundraising. Please share the cause page with your friends, family and colleagues – huge thanks in advance.