For maths homework this week the P6 teachers would like you to revise your times tables.
If you find it hard to remember your tables you should be working on improving your recall (knowing the correct answer). If you are quite good at remembering your tables you should be working on improving your speed so that you can remember answers more quickly.
Here are some suggestions of how you could revise at home.
* Play online maths games (You could try Woodlands Junior or BBC);
* Ask an adult at home to test you with a random selection of times table questions;
* You could time yourself at the beginning of the homework, do an activity, and time yourself again to see if you are any quicker;
* You could practice by singing along to timestable songs; or
* You could come up with your own revision idea.
We would like you to spend 25 minutes revising and spend 5 minutes adding a comment to this post. Your comment should say what you did to revise and how your times tables have improved. Add your first name and class to your comment.
I asked my mum to give me a random tables test of 15 questions and then I went onto the BBC website and spent 15 minutes playing tables games. After that I asked my mum to test me again. I improved because got a higher score in the second test and managed to answer a bit more quickly.
Your class teacher will be checking the blog to make sure everyone has left a comment by Friday 4th September. If you have a problem adding your comment to the blog please write it on a piece of paper so that you can add it to the blog in school time.
Remember the bigger the effort you put in, the bigger the reward!
Mrs Lima and the P6 teachers.