As you may know we were visited in February by a school review team consisting of 2 Quality Improvement Officers, 3 Head Teachers and a Nursery Support Teacher. They visited our classes and nursery, spoke to the children, staff, parents/carers and the school management team. We are delighted to now be able to share with you their very positive report on our school which we are very proud of. Thank you for your continued support in making our school such a great place to work and learn.
Miss Skinner & The Staff of Longniddry Primary
Longniddry Review Record
Nursery enrolment: Enrol your child by 6 March 2020
Families with a child born between 1 March 2017 and 28 February 2018 are being encouraged to enrol their child in nursery before 6 March 2020 for 2020/21.
Older children, or those who have not yet registered for an early learning and childcare place, should also register by this date
To register for a place:
- Visit www.eastlothian.gov.uk/nurseryenrolment and find out about the different options available in council nursery settings from August 2020.
- Download a nursery registration form from the website.
- Complete the form and take it to your preferred (first) choice nursery. You should also take your child’s birth certificate.
- If you are choosing a blend of more than one provider, apply to your council nursery first and then speak to your funded provider – private nursery, childminder or community group – about what hours you would like from them.
- Make sure your application is in before 6 March 2020. Applications will still be accepted after this date, but they will not be considered in the first allocation process. Please get in touch with the Early Years and Childcare team if you have any questions or you can’t register by 6 March 2020.
01620 827872/01620 828786/ 01620 820186
Welcome back to the new term. We look forward to a busy 2020.
Please keep up to date with all our learning by following us on Twitter
We are thrilled and delighted to announce we have been awarded our Gold Rights Respecting Schools Award. Longniddry are the first school in East Lothian to be awarded this using the new RRS criteria. We are extremely proud of all our hardworking and committed pupils, staff and community who have helped make this possible. Special thanks go to Mrs MacFadyen our DHT who has been the driving force behind all this amazing work.
We look forward to welcoming everyone back to school on Wednesday 15th August. Just a reminder that the bells rings for P2-7 at 8.50am and P1 will start at 9am. We look forward to seeing you all then.
As part of our Rights Respecting work we launched our ‘Bubbles Beat Balloons’ campaign this morning. We also celebrated our Rights Respecting Award with a ‘Silver Celebration’ in the playground #righttoplay
Well done to Mrs MacFadyen, our Playground Squad and Rights Respecting Group
Delighted to have been joined by Jason Holt from Rangers today to open our Soccer Aid celebrations! We took part in a football slalom course organsied by the playground squad as well as an inter house football tournament. Well done to Douglas house on thier victory and to everyone else for participating in such an enjoyable morning in aid of a very good cause.
Well done to everyone who took part in our competition tonight. Thanks to all the parents who helped out and to the judges. Thank you to Ruth and Lisa for all their organisation and their help with our cooking sessions throughout the year. Huge congratulations to Rosemary on winning with her delicious risotto dish.