P6 Snow Activities
Hi everyone, I hope you are all enjoying the snow! Here are a few suggestions for some fun learning activities that you can easily do from home.
World Book Day
Pick your favourite book:
1. Can you design an alternative book cover for your favourite book? Try to ensure that you include all the key features of a book cover.
2. Try to create a mini quiz of 6 questions about this book. To build on our current learning in class you could create a fact/opinion quiz or create some literal, inferential and evaluative questions.
3. Where is the best place you could find to read your book in the snow? Take a picture to show us! Then head back inside to read in the warmth!
4. Build a snowman and turn it into a World Book Day character. What props could you use to make it look like Gangsta Granny or Where’s Wally for example. Take a picture to show us!
1. Top Marks – visit top marks and select games to practise lots of different numeracy and maths skills.
e.g Hit the Button, Loop Cards or Fractions.
2. Chris Moyles Musical maths – have a go at doing one of our exciting musical maths videos from home. Please only do “The Wanted Musical Maths Quiz” at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnSXKWdU-2k&list=PLJVZhktr-vlY7Uo1GL6sH7BgmNJhRDMnh
Primary 6 share there writing with Primary 3 – Literacy Week
An excellent effort with our costumes today! Well done to everyone.
Home Learning Tasks 28/9/2016
- Spelling grid to complete each night. (Use kidspell website)
- School blog entry using our new WOW words. (See home learning diary)
- Education City tasks.(I promise it is working now! REALLY!)
- Numeracy dominoes – so make your own game of dominoes where you are adding or subtracting or a mixture of both, two digits to two digits. Think about all the strategies you now know. Cut them up and play them at home. Then when you bring them in next week another pair of people will try them out!
REMEMBER come and see me if you need any help!
Welcome to Primary 6
Cooking Quesadilla In Primary 6 on PhotoPeach
We worked in our cooperative learning teams to cook our quesadillas this morning. We used our instructions from our BIG WRITING session. They tasted amazing.
Fajitas next Week!
We are very busy in Primary 6 working on our mental addition and subtraction skills.
Mental Addition and Subtraction in P6 on PhotoPeach
Home Learning Tasks
Everyone now has their home learning file. In this, is a description of the home learning tasks they will have up until the October break.
Home Learning Tasks (Up to the OCT BREAK)
Reading (Due for a MONDAY)
This term each reading group is working on reading with expression and fluency whilst adhering to punctuation.
The groups will be using Roald Dahl’s Revolting Rhymes in order to practise these skills. Each week the children will get a new revolting rhyme to practise and prepare for each Monday.
Spelling (Due for a WEDNESDAY)
The children will receive their spelling grid on a Wednesday. They are expected to each night for ten minutes to Look, cover, write and check their spelling words in one column each night. There are four revision nights.
Then if someone at home can test them and write their score on the sheet (you can even play spelling tennis).
This is a great games site for spelling. Please (if you can) use this each night to practise your words.
You can customise it with your list and then all the games will focus on your spelling words.
Education City (Each WEDNESDAY the site will be checked to see who logging on.)
Education City will be updated on a fortnightly basis with new home learning games. Please try them all as this will help with your numeracy and maths skills.
Try and do ten minutes each night.
Numeracy (Due for a WEDNESDAY)
A numeracy task will be sent home each week, linked to the ongoing class work.
you may also be asked to go on our school blog to make a comment or ask a question about their learning.
PLEASE HAVE YOUR HOME LEARNING DIARY AND FILE WITH YOU EACH DAY.