Both bears were very excited on Christmas Day. Santa delivered lots of presents overnight and they got to help open the presents. They sat at the table for Christmas dinner, and afterwards shared some chocolate coins. They have been looking at the Nativity set and remembering the story of the First Christmas.
Just a wee reminder that sometimes video or photos aren’t visible in the email alert you receive – you may need to click through to the nursery website to get full access to the media content. If you still have problems, please try and view the website from a different device (e.g. a laptop/PC if a mobile phone or tablet isn’t working).
We had great fun at both parties. The children in the Morning Group helped to prepare the party food for both classes. We danced, played Musical Statues, Pass the Parcel and were really lucky that Santa managed to find time in his busy schedule to visit both parties and bring us presents! Here are some photos from the parties.
Have a very Merry Christmas!
Our Show today was a great success. The children have all been working very hard learning all the songs and actions. Performing in front of such a huge audience can be a bit scary though! We hope you enjoyed watching as much as we enjoyed putting on our show. Thank you for supporting us. Here is a short video of the children in action!
If you would like to join our first ever PEEP group please confirm this with Mrs Gaunt by Thursday 17th December.
The group will run on Fridays, 11:00-12:00 starting on January 8th for 6 weeks and be held in the school. There are spaces for 8 children from either our Morning or Afternoon Groups and their parent/carer.
Come and join us for songs, stories and activities. Find out more about how your child learns, and ways in which you can help them to develop their skills. You and your child can build friendships, share ideas and have fun in a small group. A variety of topics will be covered and it is completely free of charge!
For further information please see the posters in the cloakroom or to download an information leaflet please click here.
Along with the rest of the school we shall be raising funds for Forth One’s Mission Christmas Cash For Kids appeal.
The nursery will be joining in with Christmas Jumper Day on Wednesday 9th December with donations of £1 to be made to the appeal. We look forward to seeing you all in your jumpers!
This week at nursery both groups have been working very hard making Christmas biscuits to sell at the school fair. We shall also be selling cards with our famous recipe on! The fair will be held on Friday 4th December from 12:00-2:00 in the school gym hall and dining room and we would love to see you all there. Further details can be found below the photos.
Christmas Fair – Friday 4th December 12pm-2pm
It’s the school Christmas Fair this Friday and we’re asking if you can please make a donation from the following list:
• Bottles for the tombola, which can be water, juice, sauce, bubble bath, alcohol etc.
• Chocolate for the tombola and hampers (boxes, bars, coins etc.)
• Nearly new or new unwanted gifts so the children can buy a wee Christmas present. Children will also have the option to gift wrap these gifts at the Fair so any unwanted Christmas wrapping paper would be most welcome too.
• Home Baking will be very gratefully received on the Friday morning of the Fair. Who will be Loretto’s Great Festive Baker?!
• Your time is the most precious donation of all. Please let us know if you can help out on the day and email firstname.lastname@example.org or speak to any Class Rep in the playground. Just 15/20 minutes on a rota basis would be a great help and some parents are child swapping with a friend to help out for a short time.
We look forward to seeing you all there ?
Loretto Parent Partnership