Skills Development Scotland are looking for a candidate to join their team of Careers Advisers as a Modern Apprentice in Career Development (SVQ level 3). SDS Careers Advisers provide information, advice and guidance to customers. They work with them to build their career management and employability skills and support them throughout their career journey.
A range of duties such as:
- Responding to customer enquiries face to face and on the phone
- Signposting customers to relevant SDS services
- Promoting our services to young people who are in school or are unemployed
- Supporting the co-delivery of group sessions
- Maintaining accurate customer records
You will be employed on a 2-year fixed term contract and will be based at Adam Ferguson House, Station Road, Musselburgh, EH21 7PQ.
You will be supported in your learning and development to achieve the Modern Apprenticeship framework in Career Development. This includes working toward the Scottish Vocational Qualification (SVQ) level 3 (SCQF Level 7) in “Enabling Clients to Access Career Development Services”