Pupils are still working through Broad General Education in S3. The link below gives you an idea of the type of work pupils can expect to cover during this year.
The S3 course currently consists of five different topics:
- Web Design and Development
- In this part of the course pupils build their own websites using a What-You-See-Is-What-You-Get (WYSIWYG) editor called Google Sites. Pupils then build a website using raw HTML and CSS and compare the different types of development.
- Computer Crime and Networking
- In this part of the course pupils explore cyber crime. Pupils are then exploring the different ways to keep themselves safe when using the technology around them.
- Computer Hardware
- This topic focuses on computer hardware to give pupils and idea of what a computer looks like on the inside. We take apart a computer and look at all the different components to get a better understanding of how computer systems work.
- Computer Animation
- Within this topic pupils are using different graphics packages combined with animation packages to create animations.