Some pupils need alternative assessment arrangements to give them a fair chance to show what they have learned.
These can include:
- extra time
- someone to read the questions
- someone to scribe the pupil’s answers
- someone to prompt the pupil, to help concentration
- digital papers (the pupil uses a computer instead of handwriting their answers)
- papers printed in Braille
- papers interpreted into British Sign Language.
Class teachers work with us to decide the best arrangements for pupils. We make the arrangements following the SQA guidelines, and we will contact you to let you know the support available for your child. Please get in touch if you have any questions.