5 Roles of Support for Learning
We support pupils by:
- helping class teachers adapt their courses for pupils with additional support needs (ASN)
- gathering information about pupils’ support needs
- sharing information with class teachers about pupils’ support needs – for P7’s coming to secondary, and for all pupils each change of timetable
- assessing and planning for pupils with ASN
- helping pupils use technology to support learning
- making alternative Assessment Arrangements.
- Lego Therapy
- Literacy – Toe by Toe/SRA/Paired Reading/Excelsior Award/Word Wasp/ Stride Ahead
- Numeracy – SfL targeted groups.
- Music/Art Therapy
- Behaviour Support
- Resilience Group
- Green Team
For pupils who need further support:
- boosting reading, writing and spelling skills through the Accelerated Reader programme and interventions,
- providing extra adults in class
- additional reading teaching and support with literacy and numeracy
- small group teaching of English and Maths
- study support
- providing a break and lunch club for pupils who need this.