Would you like to work for one of Edinburgh’s top 10 Employers? What about getting an office with a view and being paid to travel?
Sounds good right?
Lothian Buses are the main bus provider in Edinburgh and the surrounding areas of Midlothian and East Lothian. We are on the lookout for new trainee bus drivers to literally sit in the driver’s seat and be an ambassador for the Lothian Family.
Bus driver responsibilities, pretty self-explanatory you would think?
But no, there is more:
- Ensuring the vehicle is driven safely at all times and to the high company standards
- Engaging with customers and making sure they enjoy a safe and comfortable journey
- Vehicle and route familiarisation
- Assisting customers with potential queries
- Giving timetable or route information
- Deliver excellent customer service
- Helping passengers who are having difficulty getting on or off the vehicle
- Comply with all company policies including the Safety and Environmental Policy Statements and Drugs and Alcohol Policy
- Recording driving hours and reporting any incidents
Trainee Bus Driver requirements
- Full UK driving license with no more than 6 penalty points
- Exceptional customer service skills and clear communication skills
- Excellent driving skills and knowledge of traffic regulations
- Flexibility to work various shift pattern including weekends and Bank Holiday
What’s in it for you as our Trainee Bus Driver?
- Fully paid for training (within our fantastic training school) to obtain your full PCV License
- £11.81 p/h upon completion of training
- Guaranteed hours with a salary circa £25,509, pension and discount schemes and more
- To help you look the part, a full uniform will be provided
- Continual training and development will be given to drive forward your career
- FREE Travel to work with our Ridacard on our buses and Edinburgh Trams
Before you hit the apply button, did you know that our drivers travel over half a million miles a week? That’s enough to take you to the moon and back!
So if you want to be part of the journey we would love to hear from you