As for Advanced Higher, the course is made up of Performing (60%), Listening (40%) and Composing (Pass/Fail)
- Solo 1 instrument – 15 minute programme, minimum Grade 5 standard
- Solo 2 instrument – 10 minute programme, minimum Grade 5 standard
- Listening paper which will include questions on music theory and notation.
- A 2000 word dissertation also must be passed to get the course award. Students must be prepared to do their own music analysis, research and listening, and to work on their own.
- Folio of at least two compositions (1.5 minutes minimum each) supported by a score and programme note.
Entry – a Higher pass at Grade A or B.