MYPAS (Midlothian Young Peoples Advice Service) is pleased to offer our FREE Digital Drop-in Information and Advice Service which will run Monday to Friday between 3:30pm and 5:30pm.
Our Drop-in sessions are available for young people, aged 12-21 within the Midlothian and East Lothian areas. You will be able to live chat online with a highly experienced MYPAS worker for information and advice on any issues which are having an impact on your health and wellbeing. Young people use our Drop-in for lots of different reasons.
You can chat to us about:
- Substance use
- Physical health
- Emotional Wellbeing
- Worries, stress or anxiety
- Sexuality and gender This service is completely CONFIDENTIAL and what you discuss with us will stay within MYPAS. You do not have to give us your contact details to access our service. If you do find yourself really struggling or feel unable to cope, there are free and confidential crisis services which can help you with this:
- However, if we are concerned about your safety, we will try to talk to you and get some further information so that we can support you and make sure you are safe. We cannot force you to provide any details and the choice to do this will always be yours. If you do decide to provide us with your contact details, we will only disclose this information if we feel that you might harm yourself, or that you or someone else is in immediate danger. This could include contacting emergency services who can attend to you immediately. We would always chat through this process with you as it is important that you understand why we may be concerned enough about you that we feel further action is necessary.
- To access our information and advice drop-in please go to our website at www.mypas.co.uk. A chat box will pop up from 3:30-5:30pm where you will be able to chat online to a MYPAS worker.
- Samaritans – 116123
- ChildLine – 08001111
- You can also call the NHS on 111 if you need urgent help with your mental health and you can call 999 if someone is in danger or you are not safe.