This week in S4 and S5 assemblies Mr Jones is telling pupils about this common-sense strategy which has been proven to improve learning. Here are some links to learn more about this simple, effective strategy:
The North Berwick High School Facebook page is up and running at http://www.facebook.com/northberwickhighschool . Like our page to receive school news straight into your Facebook feed.
PLEASE DONATE YOUR UNWANTED FOREIGN CURRENCY AND OLD COINS TO HELP FUNDRAISING FOR THIS SUMMER’S VISIT TO MALAWI
Do you have foreign coins, notes, and old currency cluttering up your drawers? Do you keep them in case they “come in handy” but never actually use them? Would you be willing to donate them to help our fundraising?
In June, North Berwick High School pupils will travel to Malawi to:
- Learn about life in a developing country and share music and culture with pupils at their partner school
- Help build new classrooms
- Work with the charity Mary’s Meals and in the school kitchen
- Distribute back packs containing essential school equipment
- Visit an orphanage and work with teenagers at an HIV/AIDS centre
The pupils are working hard to raise funds for their trip. Please support them by donating your unwanted currency.
For collection, hand your coins to Mr Jones or Mr Roderick.