The winners in the May draw are Jackie Hanratty (first prize £50) and Elaine McLachan (second prize: £25). Congratulations to both! Thank you to all who already support this valuable fundraiser. This year we are raising money for new visual equipment for the school hall and Mental Health Initiatives. If you’d like to sign up please contact email@example.com. For an annual sub of just £18 your name gets entered into 12 monthly draws, with £75 of prize money each month!
In light of falling school budgets (97% of the school budget is spent on staffing) the money the PTA raises is increasingly critical to the effective running of the school and the delivery of the school curriculum. We are the fundraising side of the parent body! – organising events like Fizz and Fancies, Race Nights, providing refreshments and selling raffle tickets at the Easter and Christmas concerts. We also run the (great value!) PTA Monthly Prize Draw.
Previous fundraising projects have included a complete refit of the school library with new books, furniture, etc; new visual equipment for the assembly hall; and financing the new points system enjoyed by the pupils.
Being part of the PTA is a brilliant way to get involved with the school and to really make a difference to your child’s experience at NBHS. It is run entirely by parents volunteering their valuable time and we are looking to fill both the Chair and Treasurer roles next school year. The current holders of these roles have been in place for the past 2 years and some new members with fresh ideas are needed!
PLEASE CONSIDER GETTING INVOLVED – an outline of each role is given below.
If you are interested or would like to find out more please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, contact us on Facebook at NBHS PTA or give your telephone number to the school office on 01620 894661 and we’ll get back to you.
For BOTH roles:
- Duties would commence from the AGM in October 2018, ideally with a handover taking place during Aug. – Oct. (although the current Treasurer will gradually pass over the duties until the end of the year if required).
- Duration – 2 years.
NBHS PTA TREASURER
The role entails:
- bookkeeping (for two PTA accounts);
- liaising with Monthly Prize Draw Administrator to coordinate payment to draw winners;
- organising floats for drinks and raffles sales, counting and banking earnings and determining profit made for all fundraising events;
- coordinating payments for expenses and cheques for donations made to the school, which requires working closely with the Chair;
- making payments for any regular expenses, e.g. annual insurance premium;
- providing accounts to external examiner/accountant for year-end review;
- summarising year end accounts at AGM; and
- submitting year end accounts and records to OSCR (Scottish Charity Regulator).
NBHS PTA CHAIR
The role entails:
- making sure PTA meetings run smoothly and efficiently;
- playing a lead role in planning and organising fundraising events;
- encouraging a team atmosphere;
- assisting other office bearers with any ad hoc matters that arise;
- delegating tasks to other members of the group and making sure these are completed;
- being the main spokesperson for the group and liaising with the headteacher/school; and
- giving an annual report to the Parent Forum at the PTA AGM.
(Note: This role could be shared with a co-chair or a deputy.)
The winners in the April draw are Fiona Johnstone (first prize £50) and Alistair Fortune (second prize: £25). Congratulations to both! Thank you to all who already support this valuable fundraiser. This year we are raising money for new visual equipment for the school hall and Mental Health Initiatives. If you’d like to sign up please contact email@example.com. For an annual sub of just £18 your name gets entered into 12 monthly draws, with £75 of prize money each month.