The Faculty of Performing Arts has been offered a workshop from AMDA (American Music and Dramatic Academy) in August.
Come and collect a letter from Mrs Wilson if you would like more details about this great opportunity.
AMDA are also offering to hold auditions for any interested student.
Click here to view the S2 Enhancement options for this year.
Please follow the link in the document to make your choices. Please note that you will need to be logged into edubuzz for the link to work.
We need you to enter your choices before the start of school on Wednesday 6 June!
If you have any problems submitting your choices, please see Mrs Clubb.
Senior Phase Work Experience (S4-S6)
For pupils of North Berwick High School, work placements are an important part of our career education programme. We encourage all senior phase pupils to seek a placement with a local employer or organisation during their education.
Pupils are entitled to one work experience week in their school career and this can be undertaken from S4, however pupils can also experience additional, lengthier spells if they wish. During this time, they are treated as young employees of the organisation and are engaged in a range of tasks or duties which allow pupils to learn about the skills and attitudes that employers are seeking. In our experience pupils have found that the placement encourages them to think positively about the qualities and skills that they may need to develop and become more informed about the careers they may be interested in.
– Last call for anyone who would like to go on Work Experience during 25th-29th June 2018. There are still spaces on the WORKIT database. Pupils need to use their assigned logins to view the available placements. If pupil has forgotten their login, please see a member of the Guidance Team.
– October 2018 Window (Mon 8th – Fri 12th)
Any pupils who wish to go on Work Placement during the October Work Experience Window must have submitted either their Self-Found Placement paperwork or selected an opportunity from the WORKIT database by Friday 31st August.
Details and forms can be found on the school website here.
In light of falling school budgets (97% of the school budget is spent on staffing) the money the PTA raises is increasingly critical to the effective running of the school and the delivery of the school curriculum. We are the fundraising side of the parent body! – organising events like Fizz and Fancies, Race Nights, providing refreshments and selling raffle tickets at the Easter and Christmas concerts. We also run the (great value!) PTA Monthly Prize Draw.
Previous fundraising projects have included a complete refit of the school library with new books, furniture, etc; new visual equipment for the assembly hall; and financing the new points system enjoyed by the pupils.
Being part of the PTA is a brilliant way to get involved with the school and to really make a difference to your child’s experience at NBHS. It is run entirely by parents volunteering their valuable time and we are looking to fill both the Chair and Treasurer roles next school year. The current holders of these roles have been in place for the past 2 years and some new members with fresh ideas are needed!
PLEASE CONSIDER GETTING INVOLVED – an outline of each role is given below.
If you are interested or would like to find out more please e-mail email@example.com, contact us on Facebook at NBHS PTA or give your telephone number to the school office on 01620 894661 and we’ll get back to you.
For BOTH roles:
- Duties would commence from the AGM in October 2018, ideally with a handover taking place during Aug. – Oct. (although the current Treasurer will gradually pass over the duties until the end of the year if required).
- Duration – 2 years.
NBHS PTA TREASURER
The role entails:
- bookkeeping (for two PTA accounts);
- liaising with Monthly Prize Draw Administrator to coordinate payment to draw winners;
- organising floats for drinks and raffles sales, counting and banking earnings and determining profit made for all fundraising events;
- coordinating payments for expenses and cheques for donations made to the school, which requires working closely with the Chair;
- making payments for any regular expenses, e.g. annual insurance premium;
- providing accounts to external examiner/accountant for year-end review;
- summarising year end accounts at AGM; and
- submitting year end accounts and records to OSCR (Scottish Charity Regulator).
NBHS PTA CHAIR
The role entails:
- making sure PTA meetings run smoothly and efficiently;
- playing a lead role in planning and organising fundraising events;
- encouraging a team atmosphere;
- assisting other office bearers with any ad hoc matters that arise;
- delegating tasks to other members of the group and making sure these are completed;
- being the main spokesperson for the group and liaising with the headteacher/school; and
- giving an annual report to the Parent Forum at the PTA AGM.
(Note: This role could be shared with a co-chair or a deputy.)