Our democracy project has been a great success!
The class were split into 3 parties based on 6 local issues:
- We should add goals at Trevelyan Park.
- We should build wind turbines in the village.
- We should move the sewerage plant.
- We need more litter bins.
- We should build an outside gym.
- We should add a gaming room to Trevelyan Hall.
Each party created their own manifesto stating their position on the 6 issues and putting them in order of priority. Here are their manifestos:
They then created a leaflet and a poster to advertise their policies to the voters – P5 and P7:
The final piece of election material was a party election broadcast:
On the day of the election each party candidate delivered a speech to the voters followed by a short question and answer session. The voters then voted.
For our election we chose a single transferrable voting system.
The winners of the P6 election are The Welfare Party.
Well done to everyone!