Our democracy project has been a great success!
The class were split into 3 parties based on 6 local issues:
- We should add goals at Trevelyan Park.
- We should build wind turbines in the village.
- We should move the sewerage plant.
- We need more litter bins.
- We should build an outside gym.
- We should add a gaming room to Trevelyan Hall.
Each party created their own manifesto stating their position on the 6 issues and putting them in order of priority. Here are their manifestos:
They then created a leaflet and a poster to advertise their policies to the voters – P5 and P7:
The final piece of election material was a party election broadcast:
On the day of the election each party candidate delivered a speech to the voters followed by a short question and answer session. The voters then voted.
For our election we chose a single transferrable voting system.
The winners of the P6 election are The Welfare Party.
Well done to everyone!
These are great! Very well considered arguments and policies, clearly communicated! Well done P6.