P.1A were busy last week learning some new literacy skills- finding and using WOW words and rewriting sentences with finger spaces- and they put these to great use with our first ever Big Writing lesson on Friday! There was some great independent work, especially from Rhomey who earned an Achieving sticker from Mrs Bonnar for her super effort.
We continued with our ‘Where We Live’ topic and even tried our hand at drawing our own maps (which was very tricky!). We also learned a new Scottish dance in P.E. and got together with our buddies on Friday to paint some spectacular Scottish scenery with watercolours.
Here are our highlights:
- I liked writing about Katie Morag- Eva
- I loved playing with the sand, and making sandcastles and doing maths- Ethan
- Everything. Writing about Katie Morag- Rhomey
- Playing with Rhomey, Parker, Kailyn and April, playing mums and dads. And I liked writing. And I liked Rhomey’s pictures when she drew them too- Olivia
- I’ve enjoyed playing with my puppy, and being in the library- Ben