Pinkie St Peter’s is a non – denominational school catering from Nursery to Primary 7. The building, which is set amidst large playing fields, was opened in 1956 and consists of 17 classrooms, 2 Nursery classooms, a Library, a Nurture Room, a Science Room, a Music Room, a Dance Studio, Assembly /gymnasium, dining hall and a kitchen. Management and administration are situated in the main corridor.
At present 1.4 Learning Support is provided, plus specialist teachers of Music, Science and PE. Instruction in violin and cello is provided. Pupils normally transfer to Musselburgh Grammar School.