We have had a very busy first week back in Primary 1A. Mrs Denham has been very impressed with how hard we’ve worked – clearly the sunny weather is good for our brains. Our highlight of the week has been our Judo taster session. We learned some fantastic new Judo moves and had lots of fun with the instructor. Although we had lots of fun on Tuesday, we also know how important it is to stay safe and that we can only practise Judo when wearing our suits, on mats and we have a Judo instructor there to help us. Have a look at some of our photos, it might look like we’re rolling around on the floor but trust us – Judo is serious work!
Have a lovely weekend 🙂
On Wednesday we had a special visitor in Primary 1. She read us the story of Giraffes Can’t Dance and then we learned some of the dances from the story. We really enjoyed learning the different routines and steps and were all able to remember the names of the dances and the different beats and counts.
Here are some of the pictures of us learning the Cha Cha, Tango and Waltz…proving, in Primary 1a, Giraffes CAN Dance!!
Good morning everyone. I have a few challenges for you to try, don’t worry about doing everything, I’ll be delighted if you even manage to do one of the things from the list.
- Could you try to make a Rainforest Animal in the snow and take a picture to show the class? Or a spaceship, linking to our new IDL topic Space.
- Can you count how many snowmen you see out and about today?
- Draw a snowy picture to share with the class.
- Write a story about what you have been doing on your snow days or you could make it a snowy adventure story.
- Feed the birds outside (if it’s safe to do so) and take some pictures of the birds you have in your garden. Can you find the names of the different birds using bird books or the internet?
- Create some snow art – add a couple drops of food colouring to a squirt bottle or squirt gun and then head outside in the snow to ‘paint’ the snow. Take a picture of the artwork you’ve created to share with us.
I can’t wait to hear about the different things you’ve been doing during your snow days. Have fun everyone and most importantly remember to stay safe and warm.
Primary 1A had a visit from PC Smith this week. He came in and spoke to us about his job, explaining his role within the school and the community. He also spoke to us about how to keep ourselves safe. We really enjoyed our visit and our favourite part was getting a shot in the back of the police van!
Recently in Science, Primary 1A have been learning about Electricity.
We have been learning; how to use electricity safely, where electricity comes from and how to make an electrical circuit.
Electricity comes from a power station – Freddie
Don’t use electrical things in the bathroom – Ewan
We drew a picture of electricity – Mia
Electricity can be made from water forces – Steinar
Windmills can make electricity – Ben
Circuits work in circle – Aaron W
We added a switch to our circuits – Elisabeth
Here are some pictures of our circuits we were making today. We had lots of fun and have really impressed Mrs Denham with our investigation skills.