P2 have been working very hard this week. We have described Elmer in our writing, discussed how we feel in the different ‘zones of regulation’ and had fun developing our Basic Moves in the gym.
We have made suggestions to our teachers for the different zones in our classrooms next week. Lots of great opportunities for play 🙂
Looking forward to seeing you all at ‘Meet the teacher’ on Wednesday 28th.
Mrs Cusack, Miss Heatherill and Mrs Davidson
We have had a fantastic first week here in all 3 classes in Primary 2! So far we have been showing some wonderful walking in the corridors, learning what it looks like, sounds like and feels like to be ‘Proud to be Pinkie’ and discussing what makes us unique.
We are very proud of our classes this week.
Just a wee reminder that if your child doesn’t have a PE bag or indoor shoes, please can these be provided, thank you!
Mrs Davidson, Miss Heatherill and Mrs Cusack
This week P2A enjoyed spending some time in our school library. ‘We all picked books to look at and at the end Mrs Davidson read us a story, it was fun.’ – Michaela.
Have a good weekend!
We have lots of great play experiences in the classroom this week all designed/asked for by the children. We have:
- Forces – making ramps for the cars to see what height makes them travel faster.
- Literacy – creating books to read to the class at story time.
- Reading – reading short novels in the quiet area.
- Money – playing active games on the board, creating a shop in the role play area with priced food items to buy.
- The body – books all about different areas of the body and machines to measure our heart rate.
- Problem solving/creating – using the gears in different ways to make them turn.
- Numeracy – using the Numicon to add and subtract, playing dominoes…….and much more!
Isabella says: I wanted to make a beach area in the classroom with sand, shells, pine cones. I put out 20 glasses for the children to make and I have designed my own umbrella and beach pictures for everyone. I loved making it and I can’t wait until everyone see’s it!
The children in P2A have input on what they would like in all areas of the classroom on a weekly basis.