This week in P3b, we have been learning about the Titanic. We researched some questions that we wanted to know about the Titanic using the laptops. We have also watched some interesting videos to find out more about the Titanic and today we have been finding out more about the living areas for the first, second and class passengers.
We have also used our knowledge of different sea creatures to create out own sea creature that could live in any area of the ocean.
We thought that sports day was good fun and really liked all of the different activities.
In Maths we have looked at time duration.
When we were with our buddies we learned how to play a new game called ‘Kick the Can’ which is great fun and we can’t wait to play this again.
This week we chose our own animal from the tropical zone and then did some note-taking with this. We did some research on the computers about our animal using Google and the microphone.
We have watched the summer seas and coral reefs about the tropical zone on Blue Planet. Some things we learned were:
- The Bumphead Parrot fish eats the dead coral and sand comes out of it’s bottom.
- The Blackfish swims slowly to make other sea animals think it is not dangerous and then attacks its prey.
- The white-tip shark hunts at night. Their body is made so that it can go through small gaps.
- The Sea Turtle comes to the coral reef to get cleaned and that is the only time that they go there.
- The Spiky Sea Slug curls up in a ball and rolls away if it is attacked. It is poisonous to all of the other animals. There is only 1 type of sea slug that can touch it without being poisoned and it is black and yellow..
- There are Krill that live in and eat yellow coral. When a sea worms come to catch or attack them, the Krill guard the queen by pinching the worm with it’s claws.
We met our P4 teacher (Mr Shields) and created ourselves as a superhero.
Last week we were learning about Antarctica and we have found out that it is the coldest place on Earth and people cannot live there but scientists go there to investigate animals and the climate including climate change. We have been learning how to take notes so that we can research different animals like seal, penguins, polar bears and killer whales. We found out that Seals can only live until they 28-30 years old.
We have watched Blue Planet – Frozen Seas and learned lots of interesting information.
Some interesting facts include:
- Polar Bears hunt Beluga whales
- Leopard Seals hunt penguins
- Beluga Whale can only stay under water for 20 minutes.
This week we made artwork of polar animals using different materials for our topic. We have also started looking at the Temperate Zone.
Here is some of the information we found out:
- The temperate Zone is between the tropical and polar zones
- You can find cod, jellyfish, basking sharks, grey whales, dolphins, squid, killer whales, skate, king crab and lots more
- Plankton makes the water look murky and dirty.
In Numeracy we have been doing time challenges to be quicker and more accurate in adding, taking away, multiplying and dividing.
In PE we have been playing different games to raise our heart rate.
This week in P3b we have continued to work on our Ocean Odyssey Topic. We have been learning about the Artic and Antarctica and have drawn pictures in our jotters about how they look and the animals that can be found there. We also have used different openers, connectives and adjectives to describe these places using facts.
We also did an assembly about what we learned about last term and this term and would like to thank all of the grown ups that came to see us. We had a great time and we hope that you did too.