All S2 students will carry out their Practical Assessment – week beginning 10th November. A copy of the recipe will be available for them to practise at home in advance.
Chicken Chow Mein with Cous Cous
The focus shall be on :- following the recipe, knife skills, cooker control, safety & hygiene plus organisational skills throughout the task.
100g chicken 1 spring onion
Small piece red and green pepper 2 mushrooms
2 x 15ml sp beansprouts 1x 15ml vegetable oil
1 x 15ml soy sauce 2 x 15ml water
1 x 1.25ml Chinese seasoning
50g couscous 85ml boiling water
½ chicken stock cube
- Collect ingredients:
Red board: chicken.
Plate: spring onion, peppers, mushrooms, beansprouts and couscous
Small bowl: soy sauce, water and Chinese seasoning
Small saucepan: vegetable oil
- Wash spring onion. Cut off root and excess green shoots. Chop into slices.
- Deseed peppers and cut into thin strips.
- Wipe mushrooms and slice.
- Cut chicken into bite sized pieces.
- Heat oil in saucepan and fry chicken for 5 minutes
- Add onion, peppers and mushrooms and cook for a further 3 minutes
- Meanwhile, place couscous in a glass bowl,
- Add stock cube to boiling water and stir. Add to couscous and cover with cling film.
- Add beansprouts, Chinese seasoning, soy sauce and water to chicken and simmer for 3 minutes
- Remove cling film from couscous and stir.
- Serve couscous and chicken chow mein neatly in a deep tin foil dish