The link below will take you to a short survey about your experience in S3 Social Studies and RME. Your responses will be used to help us improve the learning experience for pupils. Please make sure you answer all questions honestly. Your teachers will review all the responses but will not know who has made them.
Complete your newspaper reports on the Battle of Little Bighorn for Thursday the 11th June.
Remember your report has to be written from the point of view of either the Sioux Indians or white Americans. Make sure your story is suitably biased! You should include an appropriate title and headline for your newspaper that reflects this point of view.
- Must explain the causes of the Battle (Long term tensions & short term factors)
- Cover three key events of the Battle.
- Explain why the Americans lost – how much blame should be put on Custer?
- Must contain two eye-witness interviews.
- Suggest what the consequences of the Battle may be.
- Minimum of 150 words.
Use the following resources to help you:
- LITTLE BIGHORN
Consolidate your understanding of the indoctrination of young people in Nazi Germany by watching this:
- East Lothian Council Sustainable Development & Climate Change http://www.eastlothian.gov.uk/info/1116/environmental_health-pollution/764/sustainable_development_and_climate_change
- Scottish Government: Environment http://www.scotland.gov.uk/Topics/Environment/climatechange
- Energy Saving Trust http://www.energysavingtrust.org.uk
For Friday 9th January, you need to:
- Complete the questions on this sheet: Homework questions
- If you don’t have your homework jotter, do them on paper
- Read the following document – no need to do the questions: Ruhr_and_Hyperinflation
Remember you will have unit re-assessments when you come back, and a prelim at the beginning of February. Doing all the homework tasks fully will be good revision for these, but it’s also good to keep revising regularly anyway.
Have a very happy Christmas – see you next year!
Skara Brae assessment task – due Monday 14th January Choose one of the following:
- A New Stone Age menu. Give details of how the ingredients were produced
- An estate agent’s advert for a Skara Brae house. Give details of its construction and furnishing
- An imaginative story based on the life of a New Stone Age inhabitant of Skara Brae
- A newspaper report from 1928, when archaeologists first excavated Skara Brae. Give details of what they found.
Use notes from jotters. Further research can be done using the web links on this info sheet Skara Brae research If word processed, print it out or email it to me.
This booklet covers the experience of Black Americans.
Black Death Presentation, due for Wednesday 19th November.
Use the attached PowerPoint to help.