Complete your newspaper reports on the Battle of Little Bighorn for Thursday the 11th June.
Remember your report has to be written from the point of view of either the Sioux Indians or white Americans. Make sure your story is suitably biased! You should include an appropriate title and headline for your newspaper that reflects this point of view.
- Must explain the causes of the Battle (Long term tensions & short term factors)
- Cover three key events of the Battle.
- Explain why the Americans lost – how much blame should be put on Custer?
- Must contain two eye-witness interviews.
- Suggest what the consequences of the Battle may be.
- Minimum of 150 words.
Use the following resources to help you:
- LITTLE BIGHORN
Skara Brae assessment task – due Monday 14th January Choose one of the following:
- A New Stone Age menu. Give details of how the ingredients were produced
- An estate agent’s advert for a Skara Brae house. Give details of its construction and furnishing
- An imaginative story based on the life of a New Stone Age inhabitant of Skara Brae
- A newspaper report from 1928, when archaeologists first excavated Skara Brae. Give details of what they found.
Use notes from jotters. Further research can be done using the web links on this info sheet Skara Brae research If word processed, print it out or email it to me.
Black Death Presentation, due for Wednesday 19th November.
Use the attached PowerPoint to help.
Black Death Homework Task
Resource sheet for homework due after October Holiday. See Homework grid for further details.
Homework Grid for column D 2 Year Higher History class. Make sure you download and save a copy for future reference.
(D) Homework Grid
Homework Grid for column B 2 Year Higher History class. Make sure you download and save a copy for future reference.
(B) Homework Grid
Pdfs of learning objectives for all topics can be found here to avoid excuses.
Scotland & Era of the Great War
Essay plan and checklist/feedback sheet can be found below.
Essay due for Thursday 26th June
Essay Checklist and Feedback Sheet
Growth of Civil Rights Essay
Everything you need to revise the Scottish topic in one place! Use the Golden Guide to help structure answers for source questions.
The Learning Objective should be used to keep track of your own learning. Revision Guides 2-5 link with each learning objective so that you can consolidate/revise your understanding of each objective.
Revision Guide 1 – background
Revision Guide 2 – Scots on the Western Front
Revision Guide 3 – Domestic Impact of War Society & Culture
Revision Guide 4 – Domestic Impact of War Industry & Economy
Revision Guide 5 – Domestic Impact of War Scottish Politics
Worksheet for National 4/5 History homework is attached.
HOMEWORK DUE WEDNESDAY 23rd OCTOBER
Due for Wednesday 23rd October.
The attached Prezi may help with question 1.