SQA’s Leadership Award develops knowledge of leadership skills, styles and qualities. It also encourages learners to respect the cultures and beliefs of others working alongside them. The award is designed for learners who take, or plan to take, a leading role in their activities. The leadership award is endorsed by the Chartered Management Institute and is available at SCQF levels 5 and 6. It’s suitable for:
- S5/S6 pupils and college students who wish to improve their leadership skills
- learners taking part in the More Choices, More Chances initiative
- trainees preparing for employment
- employees studying as part of a CPD programme
- individuals involved in voluntary activities
The SQA Leadership Award is run alongside the PLChallenge and all S6 pupils who support the PLChallenge are encouraged to complete the award. Pupils taking a leadership role elsewhere in the school or within the local community are also encouraged to complete the award. More information can be obtained from Mr Lanyon.