This week is On our Doorstep week!
Follow the above link to find out more about the coming Open Afternoon this Thursday May 22nd – and please feel free to come in and see what your child has been doing. You will not be disappointed!
The ELP contribution to On Our Doorstep is substantial:
- a short performance of their original play The 124 Bus
- a display of Prestonpans photographs past and present found by using the resources of the internet in their ICT class
- a superb 3D model of Prestonpans (do not miss!)
- a pictorial map of East Lothian undertaken in their geography lessons
- the sale of our Science market garden plants including peppers, nasturtiums, cornflowers, sunflowers, tomatoes, onions, chilli peppers and more…
- art work including pictures of our own doorsteps
- bird boxes made in CDT that look like Prestonpans houses
The children will spend many of their lessons this week doing the final preparations for the big day. This will include rehearsing in the drama studio, setting up our 3D model as pride of place in the school, finishing the final touches on much of our art work and moving our plants ready for sale.
It will be a busy week all round but we will also ensure that the key subject areas of English and Maths are still undertaken.
We look forward to showing you all our fantastic work on Thursday – bring a camera to take photos of your child’s great work!