The ELP pupils will, as always be contributing to the work being done to make our annual Open Day the success it always is through our Whole School Project, London 2012.
We will be using a number of curricular areas to celebrate the success of our former pupil, Josh Taylor, in qualifying to represent Team GB at the London Olympics. Our plans include:
- building “Josh’s Gym” – a 3D lifesize version of a boxing gym kitted out with suitable equipment thanks to collaboration with our excellent PE teachers
- using boxing vocabulary in English to create written pieces about Josh’s participation at the Olympics for display at Open Day
- creating a computer-based presentation to be used as our backdrop in our ICT lessons
- learning about healthy hearts, lungs, diet and muscles in our ELP Science lessons and comparing Josh with other boxers such as David Haye – who would have the bigger reach, heart and weight? What difference would that make?
- learning about the role sport and self defence lessons might have in boosting our mental health as well as our physical health in our ELP Health lessons.
We are certainly going to be boxing clever for this year’s Whole School Project contribution thanks to Josh and his wonderful news!