How to apply:
Nuffield Research Placements (previously Nuffield Science Bursaries) are administered regionally throughout the UK. If you have any questions about taking part, you should contact your local Nuffield Coordinator for further information about the scheme in your area.
Applications for 2014 will open in January and be made entirely online.
To apply, students will have to provide the following:
- Personal information (contact details, special requirements etc)
- Educational information (school, qualifications achieved and qualifications currently studying, preferred subject area for placement)
- A personal statement outlining why they want to do a Nuffield Research Placement
- Details about any other outside interests
- A Full Bursary application (if applicable)
As part of the application process, the student will nominate a teacher from their school to provide a reference in support of their application. The student’s parent or guardian will also have to sign a consent form, and provide some additional information if the student has applied for a Full Bursary.