We are the Dundee Dental Insight Team! After three successful years, Dundee Dental School are opening their doors again to potential undergraduate applicants who are hoping to gain further insight and experience into the world of DENTISTRY.
What is Dundee Dental Insight?This unique 3 day programme gives S5 school pupils the opportunity to shadow current dentistry students within the dental hospital, gain hands on experience in the phantom head room and labs and receive talks about the application process with current students reflecting on their experiences of applying to dental school. In this current academic year the programme will be running from 3rd-5th June 2019.
To be eligible the pupil MUST:
- Be a S5 secondary school pupil studying in Scotland at the time of the programme
- Be on track to achieve the minimum entrance requirements to study dentistry at the University of Dundee which can be found at http://www.dundee.ac.uk/study/ug/dentistry/#info-entry-requirements
- Provide a suitable reference from a teacher stating why this pupil would be a good candidate for this course which should be emailed directly at email@example.com
- Show a keen interest in attending dental insight and motivation to study dentistry. The pupils will be asked the following questions on their application form in order to assess their suitability for the insight programme:
1. Why do you want to study dentistry?
2. What do you wish to gain from the dental insight programme?
How to apply
Applications will be opening on Sunday 10th February at 6pm and will close on Sunday 17th February at 6pm. Pupils who are not successful but do meet requirements will be placed on a waiting list.
To apply, pupils must complete an application form which can be found at https://goo.gl/forms/vS0wWT79W8Yd8oKc2 (please note this link will not work until we open applications on the 10th February) AND must send a reference from a teacher by the deadline stated above. References are the responsibility of the school pupil to ask their teacher to send a reference. The Dundee Dental Insight team will not contact teachers to ask them for a reference, the pupil must arrange this and ensure it arrives by the deadline. Any references arriving after Sunday 17th of February will not be considered, and applications rejected.
· There is no charge for the programme itself but please note that travel and accommodation will not be provided. We are currently the only dental school in the UK to offer this programme so it’s not to be missed!