As part of our own going self-evaluation programme, we ask students to give feedback on what you think about your experience. This allows us to identify strengths and areas for improvement and to plan for next session.
Please could all S4-S6 complete the survey by clicking on the link below. S1-S3 will complete this survey in Learning, Thinking and Studying Skills class time over the next few weeks.
Your opinions are important to us so we would like to get feedback from as many of you as possible before exam leave.
Learner Survey 2019 – https://forms.gle/hcNCmoBknkJuDRjy9
Barratt Homes Developments plc #Apprentice Programme 2019 – Bricklaying and Carpentry/Joinery #Livingston, #Bricklayers #Prestonpans more info and apply https://bit.ly/2VGClpt. Closing date 30 June 2019. SDS East & Midlothian
We understand that some young people attending East Lothian schools may wish to take part in the Global Day of Action on Climate Change tomorrow, which includes a rally in Glasgow. We want to support our young people as global citizens to have their voice and to be able to express their views on important matters such as climate change. The safety and wellbeing of our young people is of paramount importance to us. We would therefore ask that any young person who wishes to attend this event first discusses it with their parent or carer before notifying the school of the intention to be absent for this event. Given that the young person will not be on school premises at this time, and therefore not the responsibility of school staff, they will be marked as having had an unauthorised absence. Please note that an unauthorised absence will have implications for payment of the Education Maintenance Allowance for this day.
Thanks to everyone who entered the Library’s World Book Day Competition. We had a great response and almost everyone managed to guess correctly! The librarian popped the correct entries into a Lucky Dip Box and the winner was Lucas Bowerbank. Congratulations Lucas – you can collect your prize from the Library!
Remember – World Book Day tokens are still available to collect from the Library. All you need to do is take it to a bookshop and swap it for one of the TWELVE World Book Day books or use it to get £1 off any full price book instead.”
We are the Dundee Dental Insight Team! After three successful years, Dundee Dental School are opening their doors again to potential undergraduate applicants who are hoping to gain further insight and experience into the world of DENTISTRY.
What is Dundee Dental Insight?This unique 3 day programme gives S5 school pupils the opportunity to shadow current dentistry students within the dental hospital, gain hands on experience in the phantom head room and labs and receive talks about the application process with current students reflecting on their experiences of applying to dental school. In this current academic year the programme will be running from 3rd-5th June 2019.
To be eligible the pupil MUST:
- Be a S5 secondary school pupil studying in Scotland at the time of the programme
- Be on track to achieve the minimum entrance requirements to study dentistry at the University of Dundee which can be found at http://www.dundee.ac.uk/study/ug/dentistry/#info-entry-requirements
- Provide a suitable reference from a teacher stating why this pupil would be a good candidate for this course which should be emailed directly at email@example.com
- Show a keen interest in attending dental insight and motivation to study dentistry. The pupils will be asked the following questions on their application form in order to assess their suitability for the insight programme:
1. Why do you want to study dentistry?
2. What do you wish to gain from the dental insight programme?
How to apply
Applications will be opening on Sunday 10th February at 6pm and will close on Sunday 17th February at 6pm. Pupils who are not successful but do meet requirements will be placed on a waiting list.
To apply, pupils must complete an application form which can be found at https://goo.gl/forms/vS0wWT79W8Yd8oKc2 (please note this link will not work until we open applications on the 10th February) AND must send a reference from a teacher by the deadline stated above. References are the responsibility of the school pupil to ask their teacher to send a reference. The Dundee Dental Insight team will not contact teachers to ask them for a reference, the pupil must arrange this and ensure it arrives by the deadline. Any references arriving after Sunday 17th of February will not be considered, and applications rejected.
· There is no charge for the programme itself but please note that travel and accommodation will not be provided. We are currently the only dental school in the UK to offer this programme so it’s not to be missed!