Musselburgh Racecourse have a number of vacancies available on the 2nd and 9th June as well as other race day events throughout the season. Please follow the link below to find out more information.
Borders College is holding a Horse Care Open Day;
- On Wednesday 23rd May 2018
- From 2-6pm
- At the Ian Stark Equestrian Centre, Greenhill Farm House, Selkirk, TD7 4NP
This event is the ideal opportunity for anybody interested in a career in Horse Care to find out what training opportunities are available to them at Borders College.
More information about the Horse Care Open Day can be found on our website, where it is also possible to register attendance online http://www.borderscollege.ac.uk/news-and-events/open-days/
Wider Opportunities Courses – Application Process
The Application process has been clarified and finalised.
All students for the following Foundation Apprenticeship Courses run by ELC must complete an application form found in the Guidance room .
• Foundation Apprenticeship – Scientific Technologies (light pink)
• Foundation Apprenticeship – Financial Services (light yellow)
• Foundation Apprenticeship – Social Services Children & Young People (light green)
There is just one application form that covers all the offers at the CAT Centre i.e. Construction (light blue form) –
• Civil Engineering FA
• F/T Construction Crafts Level 5
• SCP Construction Crafts Level 5 (Tues and Thur pm)
There is a tick box next to each offer, pupils just need to tick the one they wish to apply for.
All applications for CAT (Construction Centre) and Foundation Apprenticeships to be returned to the Guidance Teacher by Friday 23rd March
East Lothian Works Courses
Students who wish to apply for the East Lothian Works courses beginning in June 2018 should ensure that their Guidance Teacher should know which course they would like to apply for by Friday 23rd March.
Guidance teachers will complete a referral form for them.
Students who wish to apply for Land based courses within the Wider Opportunities brochure being delivered by SRUC should ensure that their Guidance Teacher should know which course they would like to apply for by Friday 23rd March.
Guidance teachers will complete a referral form for them.
All Courses at Edinburgh College – Students only apply for courses at Milton Road or Midlothian Campuses.
Students should ensure that their Guidance Teacher knows which course they would like to apply for.
All courses must be applied to via the online application form. Deadline is Monday 26th March. Students will be given an appointment for Tuesday 20th March or Thursday 22nd March
Any student with Additional Support Needs will be supported by their Guidance teacher to complete the form.
Tots and Teens
Application form in Guidance room to be completed by the S2 student and returned to Yvonne Binks by Friday 23rd March.
CITB are now taking bookings for Open Doors – Get Into Construction week which will take place from Monday 19th to Saturday 24th March 2018.
This is a fantastic opportunity for anyone interested in a career in construction or just to find out what goes into renovating or building something from scratch and ask the questions they’ve always wanted to ask.
There are 3 construction sites in the Edinburgh and East Lothian area opening their doors to the public and they are:
• ISG – Market Street, Edinburgh – 21st and 22nd March – Anyone aged over 18 can attend – Creation of a new 4 star, 98 room design hotel from an underused site which has remained vacant for more than 50 years;
• Keir Group plc – Edinburgh College of Art – 21st and 22nd March – Anyone aged over 16 can attend – refurbishment of external and interior Category A listed building; and
• Galliford Try – East Lothian Community Hospital – 20th, 21st, 22nd and 23rd March – Anyone aged over 14 can attend – building of new community hospital.
It’s free to register and attend these events but places are limited so book now at the aforementioned link to avoid disappointment.
EY Open Evening – 21st March, 6:30pm – 8pm (All year groups, parents & teachers)
• Opportunity to find out more about EY, what we do and programmes available during and after school
• Drinks/ nibbles provided
• Secure your place by registering your interest in the events section on our website: https://ukcareers.ey.com/schools/
Business Academy – 23-30th July, (5th years only)
• Work experience programme for 5th Years
• 23-30th July 2018
• One-week, paid work experience programme
• Offers on-the-job experience as well as skills session
• Students need to be studying towards 5x Highers
• 7x spaces in Edinburgh
• Offers fast-track to our Business Apprenticeship in Sept 2019
• Apply online: https://ukcareers.ey.com/schools/
Young students and their parents will have the opportunity to meet staff from Oxford University next month when they host a special event in North Berwick that aims to demystify and explain the application process for Oxford and Cambridge Universities.
The ‘Oxford Explained’ presentation, to be held at North Berwick High School on 13 March, covers all aspects of student life and the admissions process for Oxford including course choice, the college system, tutorial teaching, admissions tests and interviews.
The event aims to leave students feeling much better informed about what applying to and studying at Oxford would involve, as well as aiming to break down any misconceptions about Oxford that may deter students from making an application. The session will be delivered by Oxford Undergraduate Admissions and Outreach office staff and it is hoped that it will be supported by current students who will share their experiences. The session is targeted at students in S5, but can also be helpful for younger year groups considering Oxford. Parents are also encouraged to attend.
Oxford Explained and Student Life will be on Tuesday 13 March from 6.30pm to 8pm at North Berwick High School. Places can be reserved by visiting www.eventbrite.co.uk
Councillor Brian Small is going to open the event. He has also offered to personally fund the transport for any pupils who successfully gain a place on the summer internship program. Accommodation and all other costs are covered by Oxford. Details of the internship will be covered on the night.
Please find attached a flyer regarding Clark Contracts careers evenings which are taking place on 20th in Paisley and 22nd March in Edinburgh. They have also uploaded a press release with the details of the event to their website: https://clarkcontracts.com/article/careers-evenings-being-held-by-clark-contracts/
The event is for anyone interested in a trade apprenticeship, traineeship, graduate position or work experience in the construction industry.