Any aspiring engineers to head along and see Mr Bell to get their name down.
Background to CMS
CMS is the 6th largest law firm in the world and has recently been named in The Times Top 100 Graduate Employers. As well as supporting students in their university applications, our Law Scholarships offer students a chance to develop a relationship with us and start their journey into the legal profession. We hope a CMS Law Scholarship is a great opportunity for a school pupil hoping to go on to study law.
Who can apply?
We are looking for two S5 or S6 state school pupils, hoping to go on to study law, to become our next CMS Law Scholarships winners for Scotland. The winners will receive £2,500 per year, for each year of their law degree, together with mentoring support and paid work experience with the firm. This is now our fifth year of awarding the bursary in Scotland and previous winners have gone on to study law at Aberdeen, Glasgow and Strathclyde.
How do pupils apply?
To enter the competition, we ask for a short essay and application form, which is to submitted by Wednesday 26 June 2019. You can find full details of the CMS Law Scholarships and how to apply on our website. A copy of our Rules for the competition in Scotland is below.
You will see that there are certain financial and academic criteria to be met in the competition – we will be happy to receive queries from pupils to confirm their eligibility, if they are unsure about this.
See link below for Apprenticeship opportunities with East Lothian Council
Barratt Homes Developments plc #Apprentice Programme 2019 – Bricklaying and Carpentry/Joinery #Livingston, #Bricklayers #Prestonpans more info and apply https://bit.ly/2VGClpt. Closing date 30 June 2019. SDS East & Midlothian
Software Development Graduate Apprenticeship Career Information Event
University of Glasgow, Thursday 28th of February 2019 from 5 to 6pm
Book your place here https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/graduate-apprenticeships-at-university-of-glasgow-tickets-55634406006
Join us at the University of Glasgow to find out about our exciting new Graduate Apprenticeship in Software Engineering. Food and refreshments will be provided!
Teachers, pupils and parents are invited to join us at the University of Glasgow to hear about our unique Graduate Apprenticeship in Software Engineering which offers students the opportunity to gain their University of Glasgow degree while earning a salary and gaining invaluable industry experience.
This event will include:
• an introduction from Professor Quintin Cutts MBE, leader of the Centre for Computing Science Education at the University of Glasgow
• an overview of the Graduate Apprenticeship programme from Dr Matthew Barr
• a presentation from Sarah Anne Rooney, Employee Development Programme Manager at the Scottish Qualifications Authority (SQA), who are one of our growing list of partner employers.
There’ll also be a chance to talk to other staff and students from the School of Computing Science, and we’d be delighted to show you around the campus.
If you have any queries, please contact Dr Matthew Barr Matthew.Barr@glasgow.ac.uk
We are the Dundee Dental Insight Team! After three successful years, Dundee Dental School are opening their doors again to potential undergraduate applicants who are hoping to gain further insight and experience into the world of DENTISTRY.
What is Dundee Dental Insight?This unique 3 day programme gives S5 school pupils the opportunity to shadow current dentistry students within the dental hospital, gain hands on experience in the phantom head room and labs and receive talks about the application process with current students reflecting on their experiences of applying to dental school. In this current academic year the programme will be running from 3rd-5th June 2019.
To be eligible the pupil MUST:
- Be a S5 secondary school pupil studying in Scotland at the time of the programme
- Be on track to achieve the minimum entrance requirements to study dentistry at the University of Dundee which can be found at http://www.dundee.ac.uk/study/ug/dentistry/#info-entry-requirements
- Provide a suitable reference from a teacher stating why this pupil would be a good candidate for this course which should be emailed directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Show a keen interest in attending dental insight and motivation to study dentistry. The pupils will be asked the following questions on their application form in order to assess their suitability for the insight programme:
1. Why do you want to study dentistry?
2. What do you wish to gain from the dental insight programme?
How to apply
Applications will be opening on Sunday 10th February at 6pm and will close on Sunday 17th February at 6pm. Pupils who are not successful but do meet requirements will be placed on a waiting list.
To apply, pupils must complete an application form which can be found at https://goo.gl/forms/vS0wWT79W8Yd8oKc2 (please note this link will not work until we open applications on the 10th February) AND must send a reference from a teacher by the deadline stated above. References are the responsibility of the school pupil to ask their teacher to send a reference. The Dundee Dental Insight team will not contact teachers to ask them for a reference, the pupil must arrange this and ensure it arrives by the deadline. Any references arriving after Sunday 17th of February will not be considered, and applications rejected.
· There is no charge for the programme itself but please note that travel and accommodation will not be provided. We are currently the only dental school in the UK to offer this programme so it’s not to be missed!