This is the last call for those wanting to sign up for Adventure Camp 2012 which is open to all pupils currently in S1 – S6. This year it will be held at the Lochgoilhead Centre, Lochgoilhead, Argyll. With a full activity program including, sailing, kayaking, climbing, gorge running, archery, abseiling, jacobs ladder plus many more its one not to miss. Staying in dorms & lodges. The approximate cost is £200 which includes transport, food, activities, a personal chef, dish washer and a commemorative t-shirt. Letters can be collected from Mr Lanyon, Ms Douglas or Ms Young. If you need any more information please speak to Mr Lanyon or have a look at the centre website by clicking the link above.
The closing date for the return of deposits is Friday 18th November.
Could all S2’s, register with their teacher and then head to the hall p4. They have a speaker from Edinburgh University who will speak to them no longer than 30 minutes. Thanks for this and sorry for the late notice.
Parental letters for the Adventure Camp being held during Activities Week 2011 can now be collected from Mr Lanyon. Return slips and deposits to be handed in by 30th October.
To all S1/S2 pupils
A reminder that Preston Lodge Drama Club is on Tuesday lunchtimes 1.10pm. I look forward to seeing any new members there.
Preston Lodge Drama club for any pupils in S1/S2 will re-commence on Tuesday 21st September at 1.10pm in the Drama Room. No experience is necessary and bring your lunch along if you wish.
The following pupils have been selected to play for the S1/2 Football Team on Thursday 9 September. The match is against Musselburgh with a kick off of 4.30 pm. All pupils should meet inthe PE Department for 3.45 pm sharp.
Brad Robertson, Ross Jappy, Daniel Smith, Johnny Grotlin, Jordan Ritchie, Jordan Easton, Jack Friery, Robbie Menzies, Kurtis Brown, Marc Reid, Jay Cochrane, Jordan Killen, Cameron Halliday, Ross McIntyre, Liam Currie.
If anyone is unable to play please c0ntact Mr Johnstone in PE as soon as possible.
There will be a rehearsal for all S1 and S2 pupils involved in the Italy concert on Wednesday 19th and Thursday 20th May at lunchtime. Any pupil who cannot attend must inform the music department.
BBC LEARNING SCOTLAND wants your ideas for a short film. A story about your local landscape.
And if your idea is selected you’ll win a development workshop for your school as well as a BBC director and crew to film your story. Cool eh?
It doesn’t matter if your landscape story is historical or modern, pure geography or a bit social-political we want to hear from you!
And the process couldn’t be simpler.
First pick your story.
Then work out what everyone needs to see and the order in which you want them to see it.
Finally, in no more than 300 words, write up your brilliant idea on our entry form and have your school email it to us.
More information and entry form on the website: BBC Learning
The interviews for places on these courses will be held on Thursday 13th May and Thursday 20th May.
Register teachers will have details of the time and place of these interviews and will give them out on Wednesday during registration.
It’s time to polish those shoes, put on your best smile and convince the interviewers that you are the best student for that course.
All pupils who genuinely intend to follow a pre-vocational course in S3 or S4 next year must attend a meeting on Friday 23 April at 8.45 am in the Assembly Hall.
Courses available this year are
For S3 (Currently S2) – Courses run Friday afternoon
Hair and Beauty
For S4 (Currently S3) – Courses run Friday afternoon or Monday afternoon
Hair and Beauty
The Jewel and Esk College Staff will present information regarding the courses and issue application forms.
It is ESSENTIAL that pupils wanting to attend pre-vocational courses attend this meeting.
Could 1st year students please remember to bring their PE kit on Wednesday 31 March for periods 5 and 6 if they have signed up for house sports.
Could 2nd year students please remember to bring their PE kit on Monday 29 March for periods 5 and 6 if they have signed up for house sports.
Please note, any girls who have signed up for rugby could they please sign up for another activity.
Please note that all S1, S2 and S3 hockey games are cancelled this weekend, Saturday 6 March.
All S1, S2, S3 and S4 will take part in an Enterprise Event in the month of March.
Details below of the events, groups and times. Find out when your event is and turn up at the assembly hall at the correct time.
Check the Business Education Notice Board if you forget your time or group.
Monday 15 March 2010 and
Tuesday 16 March Periods 1 and 2
- Group 1 Monday 15th – Periods 1 and 2 – 1Go1 and part 1Go2 Aaron Anderson, Catherine Armstrong, Robbie Berg, Aimee Buchanan, Sam Chater, Abi Cowan, Aidan Davie, Paul Davie, Kyle Doran, Betho Edwards, Robert Ferguson, Sarah Hall, Ashley Johnston, Suzanne Lothian, Erin McLaren, Natalie Matthews, Cameron Menzies, Euan Mitchell, Kayleigh Montgomery, Kirsten Moore
- Group 2 Monday 15th – Periods 3 and 4 – 1Gr1, and part of 1Go2 Jade Quinn, Sean Reekie, Marc Reid, Mark Robertson, Chloe Scott, Liam Strock, Finch Taylor, Lewis Thomson, Kirsty Walker 1Gr2 Shaun Aitken, Lucy Archibald, Jordan Brodie, Kurtis Brown, Jamie Cochrane, Alisha Dixon, Kyle Dunlop, Liam Edmond, Nathan Falconer, Shannon Fergus, Toni Higgins, Taylor Horton, Jordan Killen
- Group 3 Monday 15th – Periods 5 and 6 – 1Se1, and part of 1Gr2 Connor McCallum, Megan McKeown, Ruairi Mason, Rachelle Mitchell, Laura O’Brien, Sam Reynolds, Abbie Robertson, John Salkeld, Amy Sawyer, Jacqueline Scott, Nicole Scott, Eilidh Shearer, David Singer, Alex Thomson, Connor Thomson and part of 1Se2 Dean Apicella, Ryan Baillie, Amy Berg, Melissa Brown, Rachel Campbell
- Group 4 Tuesday 16th – Periods 1 and 2 1Se3, and part of 1Se2 Alistair Crichton, Roseanna Gaffney, Lucy Gray, Jonathan Grotlin, Arran Logan, Megan Luby, Christopher Lumsden, Lucy McLeish, Lauren Marshall, Andrew Morris, Julie Ralston, Jordan Ritchie, Brad Robertson, Daniel Samson, Kyle Sandilands, Jordan Simpson, Daniel Smith, Alexander Storrie, Amy Taylor, Blair Wallace, Jayelouise Watson
Tuesday 16 March Periods 3-6
- Group 1 Periods 3 and 4 – 2Go1 and 2Go2
- Group 2 Periods 5 and 6 – 2Go3 and 2Gr1
Wednesday 17 Periods 1-4
- Group 3 Periods 1 and 2 – 2Gr2 and 2Gr3
- Group 4 Periods 3 and 4 – 2Se1 and 2e2