The points collection, collation and verification is over. The people have spoken.
GRANGE HOUSE are officially House Champions for the session 2010-11!
A huge congratulations to all Grange House but special mention should go to House Captain, Louise Dobie (pictured here receiving the House Trophy with Ms Binks) who has been one of the driving forces on the House Committee this year. Other Grange House Captains involved in ensuring this year’s success are Christie Sinclair, Ross Currie and Cameron Donaldson. Louise will officially collect the House Trophy on behalf of all Grange pupils on Tuesday 21st of June at the annual school Prize Giving.
So many Grange pupils and staff contributed to their success this session and some notable ones included:
- Matthew Gordon winning a National Modern Studies competition
- Louise Dobie being school Talent Show winner in December
- Daniel Luby and Emma Calderhead being placed in national drumming competitions
- Leon Stevens being identified for the Regional Boccia squad
- Shaun Aitken won the school Aims and Values Competition
- Mikey Hamilton, Jack McIntyre and Taylor McKillop all represented the county and/or region or national squad in football
- Paul Dixon was selected for the Edinburgh U17 squad at rugby
- Ashton Ritchie won the school Photography Competition run by Miss Henderson
- Jennifer Currie was capped by Scotland’s girls football team
- Melissa Dixon got a special swimming award from Ms Pike
- Mr Cruickshank and Mr Tough won the school space quiz as part of our 1960s week
- Taylor McKillop was overall school Dux for 2011
- Grange won the Inter House Football Competition
- Grange won the Inter House Table Tennis Competition
- Graeme Minski won an Anti-racism competition
- Lucy Stannage made a significant contribution to two musical theatre productions for Open Day
- Glen Muir, Louise Dobie and Jonny Burns contributed to a number of music initiatives and performances throughout the session
The House Committee look forward to meeting early into the new term in August to ensure the success of this year’s competition continues into next year. We hope that it will be even more competitive than the year just finished and are looking to widen further still the scope for participation and reward.
Final House Points Totals:
Well done Grange!
Mr Thomas, Mrs Binnie and the House Committee