Please find this week’s edition of PLus here
Please find our school prospectus for 2021-22 here.
Please find this week’s transition newsletter (#3) here
At the beginning of March 2020 all youth theatre classes were postponed due to the Covid-19 pandemic. For the last year classes have been we delivered online over Zoom however, I am very excited to announce classes are BACK face to face.
East Lothian Youth Theatre offers young people aged 5 – 18, who are looking to explore their potential and develop their acting skills, the opportunity to participate in weekly drama sessions across East Lothian.
Classes are designed to nurture creativity and talent through improvisation activities, characterisation, drama games, devising and much more, whilst adhering to the Scottish Government Guidelines. Participants will also have the opportunity to work with scripts and texts to build on performance skills.
Joining a group can have a positive impact on Health and Wellbeing by building self-confidence, making new friends, developing new skills, reducing social isolation and above all having fun.
Classes are led by experienced and qualified drama professionals who work as freelance performance artists and have a wealth of knowledge and talent.
Classes will run in the following locations:
Tranent, Musselburgh, Longniddry, Prestonpans and Haddington. Classes in Dunbar will also return from w/c 24th May however they may be outdoor to begin with and move indoors after the first few weeks. .
For more information and details on how to book please visit the Brunton website: https://bit.ly/3oa4hS8
Class sizes are limited due to the Covid restrictions, I would advise booking as soon as possible to avoid missing out
Please note, when booking online, the system will only display the start date of the class you select, but you will be booking the entire 6-week block.
Listed are some of the Covid-19 procedures which will be in place at the majority of our venues:
- Only those who are participating in the class are permitted in the building no parent/carers.
- No spectators allowed
- All persons will have their temperature checked on entering the building and if registering in the orange/red zone that will not be allowed entry on this occasion.
- Parent/carers should remain in the car park until the class starts in the event that their child registers a high reading and is refused entry.
- A one way system is in operation which must be strictly adhered to.
- All persons over 5 years should wear a face covering when entering and moving around the building. This is not necessary when participating in the class unless otherwise advised by the tutor depending on activity.
- Do not arrive any earlier that 10 minutes before the start of your session as you will not gain entry.
- Parents/carers should not send any child to the session who is showing symptoms of COVID 19 or any other illness.
If you have any queries please do not hesitate to get in touch.
Development Officer Dance & Drama
The Brunton and East Lothian Council Arts Service
The Brunton | Ladywell Way | Musselburgh | EH21 6AA
DL: 0131 653 5279 | Admin: 0131 665 9900 | Box Office: 0131 665 2240
Brunton Theatre Trust is a registered Scottish Charity SC022422
Please find our Transition 2 newsletter here
Please find P7 Transition Newsletter 1 here
Please see below SQA assessment update