Please find this week’s bumper edition of PLus here
This week’s edition of PLus can be found here
WHOLE SCHOOL APPROACHES TO SUPPORTING STUDENTS
- Last week, all S4 students participated in a study skills afternoon to help them plan their exam preparation and learn about some of the most effective ways to revise. Students were given a study planning pack, funded by the Preston Lodge Learning Foundation. A separate session was organised for S6 students and S5 students have already completed the study skills lessons and received their packs. They were lucky enough to spend Tuesday afternoon trying out relaxation techniques in the S5 Stressbusters event.
- Students have an electronic copy of a new study skills booklet and study planner which gives advice on preparing for exams, effective study techniques, and how to avoid distractions. Paper copies are available by request. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like a printed copy.
- Study skills booklet can be found here
- Study planner can be found here
- After-school study support sessions are on offer in many departments, and a list of the regular times can be found here. Many teachers have an open door drop-in arrangement for study support at any time, so do not appear on this list. If in doubt about what help is available, please do ask.
- We’re in the process of firming up our plans for Easter revision, and further information will be sent out to students, parents and carers once the timetable has been confirmed.
- After the Easter holidays we are introducing exam booster sessions, designed to provide additional support to students in the days before each exam. More information about the structure of the exam booster sessions will be sent out nearer the time.
Our course choice information for all year groups can be found here