How can parents/carers support their youngster’s education at Prestonpans Primary?
A number of ways are listed below:
- Join the Parent Council. If you can’t spare the time there are many events throughout the year that you could support on a one-off basis
- Contact the school office before the start of the school day if your son/daughter is going to be absent
- Send notes regarding appointments at least one day before the appointment
- Send notes when your son/daughter returns to school following a period of absence. This is required in addition to a morning telephone call
- Ensure the contact details held by the school are up to date. It is essential that the school office is advised of any change to address/telephone number – without accurate contact details the school cannot contact parents/guardians in an emergency or to discuss any concerns. You can download the relevant forms here
- Encourage pupils to wear full dress code on a daily basis; it promotes a positive and businesslike ethos within the school. Visitors to the school regularly comment on the smart dress of our pupils
- Encourage your son/daughter to take an active part in PE, and ensuring they remember to pack their kit!
- Get involved in any way you can. This involvement could be in a variety of roles, for example, assisting with school groups, accompanying a class on a school trip, or using your own specialist skills to support the school
- Attend Parents’ Evenings and return the reply slips that accompany report cards
- Discuss homework with your youngster and ensure they complete homework on time. Please do not hesitate to contact your child’s teacher with any concerns
- Bullying in school can be best tackled if parents/guardians, teachers and pupils all work together to find a solution. Please do not hesitate to contact the appropriate teacher with any concerns
- The school is always trying to establish closer links with the local business community. If you would like to be involved in any way, get in touch!