Children do better when they read more. Encouraging them to read boils down to this.
1. make sure they have lots they can choose to read
2. make sure they have time they can read
3. read to them until they are shooing you out of the room (NB they may do this subtly with their taste in music)
4. talk to them about reading.
5. stage a takeover of everything that isn’t reading until they have watched Taylor Swift talking about reading in this half hour video from Scholastic.
Only nine sleeps now until the big launch of Reading is Braw. Oh, who am I kidding, you’re all bopping away to Shake it Off now, aren’t you?