The Modern Languages Department is delighted to announce a planned PGL trip to Ardèche and Mimosa in the south France from Saturday 22 June 2019 to Sunday 30 June 2019. The trip is open to pupils currently studying or interested in studying French at Ross High School. In Mimosa, there will be different types of beach and water sport activities available and in Ardèche, we will exploring different rivers by canoe. Naturally, we will be speaking French and tasting the famous French cuisine!! The cost of the trip will be no more than £750. If you are interested in this trip, please see any member of ML staff to collect a letter of interest and submit it by Tuesday 27th February 2018. We will be asking for £150 (of which £75 is non-refundable deposit) to secure a place by Friday 23th March 2018.
Unfortunately, due to the low numbers of pupils signing up to the ML trip, it will not go ahead as it stands at the moment. However, we will try to get a new ML trip organised very soon. If you handed in a deposit, please see Mrs Arthur in the office to collect it.
If you have collected a ML Trip letter could you please hand back the permission slips asap. Last day to sign up is on Wednesday 22 February 2017.
There are still places to sign up for the ML Trip. If you need a form, please collect one from a member of the ML department.
The planned ML trip to Normandy and Paris takes place on Wednesday 20th to Thursday 28th June 2018. The trip is open to pupils currently studying or interested in studying French at Ross High School.
The cost of the trip will be no more than £660. We will be asking for a non-refundable £60 deposit to secure a place and the new date for the deposit will be announced shortly.
Mrs L Scott
The Modern Languages Department is delighted to announce a planned trip to Normandy and Paris from Wednesday 20th to Thursday 28th June 2018. The trip is open to pupils currently studying or interested in studying French at Ross High School.
We will be travelling to France by coach crossing Dover- Calais and we will be spending 4 days in Normandy at Chateau du Molay which is full-board. We are going to explore this area which was devastated during the second world. On the Saturday we will spend the day in Bayeux and visit its local market. We are also going to Mont St Michel and Alligator Bay for a day. At the chateau we will be having a BBQ, a snail & frog tasting session, and also a disco and karaoke night. At the chateau, there is also a heated swimming pool and different sport activities and other games to take part in.
We will then spend two nights in Paris in a hotel and en-route we will be visiting Stade de France before going on a sightseeing boat on the River Seine. We will spend a day in Paris going up the largest building Tour Montparnasse and go to the artistic quarters of Montmartre and Place de Tertre where there will be lots of opportunities to buy souvenirs and paintings. Last day we will be spending at Parc Asterix- a massive theme park based on the famous French cartoon characters Asterix et Obelix.
The cost of the trip will be no more than £660. Most of the food is included in the price however food en-route is required. Pupils will need some additional spending money. If you would like your son/daughter to take part in this trip, please make sure they collect a letter from a member of the ML department. A signed permission slip and a parental consent form should be returned to the school office by Friday 13th January 2017.
We will then be asking for a non-refundable £60 deposit to secure their place by Wednesday 25 January 2017 to be paid to the school office at registration or at break time.
Thereafter, payments will be made by six instalments of £100 and a letter with these dates will be sent home with your child in due course.
Mrs L Scott ( Modern Languages)
We will be writing a daily blog from our trip where you can follow all our adventures in Normandy and in Paris. It will be posted on the page Ross High’s ML Trips usually each evening when we have got Wi-Fi connection.
Please feel free to add comments that we can share with the pupils!
We hope you will enjoy it!
Nearly time to go ……
- Note that our departure time has changed to 8pm. This is because the coach company want extra time in case there are roadworks en route. Please therefore be at school at 7.30pm to give us time to put our luggage in the hold.
- Make sure you have a bag/rucksack with all you need for the journey. We do not get to the Château until late afternoon the next day so you will need to bring water/food/pillow/medication with you. The coach will stop at service stations along the way so you can also buy stuff there although usually it is expensive. Bring DVDs too if you want – it will be a long journey……
- NO juice or chewing gum is allowed on the coach. Our coach company is JH Coaches of Durham. It’s an executive coach with leather seats and DVD player/screens. You can see our very coach if you go on their website and look at the 55 seater Executive Coach.
- The boat we shall go on is Brittany Ferries’ Mont St Michel – check out what it has on board! There is even a cinema – tickets £5. Onboard you can spend both euros and pounds. We depart at 0815 and arrive at 1500 (1 hour time difference). In the past we have been allocated a big room so we can all be together and where you can leave your stuff if you want to explore.
- Please make sure that you have your euros spending money in an envelope with your name on the front. Your group leader will look after you money when we are away.
- At the Château you need to bring soap, towel, hairdryer, swimming stuff (there is a heated outside pool) and you also need a ‘clean change of footwear’ for inside the building – flipflops?
- Drinks at the Château cost 2 euros. We will be doing a supermarket shop in Bayeux the day after we arrive so you will be able to buy drinks/snacks there too.
Hoodies are in my room – to be collected at any time. Please pay asap if you have not yet done so. Think that is it for now but keep checking the school website to see if there are further updates. A bientôt!