We are all very excited about the French Trip 2021!
Please find some information below about the proposed programme and payment details. There will be a Parents evening nearer the time but if you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact us. In the meantime, please complete the Pupil Code of Conduct and ask your child to return it to Mrs Scott or Miss Christie
Proposed programme for French Trip 2021 Normandy- Paris
– Friday 25th June – Depart by coach from school late in the evening. Food on route
– Saturday 26th June – Dover-Calais ferry crossing. Visit the beautiful coastal town of Honfleur for ice-cream. Arrive at château, dinner and on-site activities
– Sunday 27th June – WWII Experience: American Cemetery, German cemetery, German Batterie de Maisy. BBQ at château.
– Monday 28th June – WWII Experience: Visit the coastal town of Arromanches and 360 cinema, Free-time in town where pupils can see the Mulberry harbours and do some shopping. Visit Omaha Beach, where the Americans landed on 6th June 1944 which inspired the film Saving Private Ryan. Frog legs/snails/crêpe taster at château. Disco after the meal.
– Tuesday 29th June – Visit Bayeux the first town liberated in 1944 and its market and cathedral. Visit the British cemetery to lay a poppy wreath in memory of the soldiers who lost their lives. We are hoping to visit Stade de France when travelling to Paris. Hotel stay and dinner.
– Wednesday 30th June – Visit Paris all day: Tour Montparnasse/Tour Eiffel, Bateaux Mouches, le petit train de Montmartre, Sacré Coeur & Place de Tertre for shopping. Hotel stay and dinner.
– Thursday 1st July – All day at the theme park: Parc Astérix. Home journey. Supermarket stop to buy food for home journey. Return by Eurotunnel.
– Friday 2nd July – Arrive at school early morning.
Please pay for the trip online using www.eastlothian.gov.uk/payforit or hand in your money to the office at registration or at break time only. The full amount must be paid by 29 January 2021.
27 March 2020 £150
29 May 2020 £100
25 September 2020 £150
27 November 2020 £150
29 January 2021 £50