Nearly time to go ……
- Note that our departure time has changed to 8pm. This is because the coach company want extra time in case there are roadworks en route. Please therefore be at school at 7.30pm to give us time to put our luggage in the hold.
- Make sure you have a bag/rucksack with all you need for the journey. We do not get to the Château until late afternoon the next day so you will need to bring water/food/pillow/medication with you. The coach will stop at service stations along the way so you can also buy stuff there although usually it is expensive. Bring DVDs too if you want – it will be a long journey……
- NO juice or chewing gum is allowed on the coach. Our coach company is JH Coaches of Durham. It’s an executive coach with leather seats and DVD player/screens. You can see our very coach if you go on their website and look at the 55 seater Executive Coach.
- The boat we shall go on is Brittany Ferries’ Mont St Michel – check out what it has on board! There is even a cinema – tickets £5. Onboard you can spend both euros and pounds. We depart at 0815 and arrive at 1500 (1 hour time difference). In the past we have been allocated a big room so we can all be together and where you can leave your stuff if you want to explore.
- Please make sure that you have your euros spending money in an envelope with your name on the front. Your group leader will look after you money when we are away.
- At the Château you need to bring soap, towel, hairdryer, swimming stuff (there is a heated outside pool) and you also need a ‘clean change of footwear’ for inside the building – flipflops?
- Drinks at the Château cost 2 euros. We will be doing a supermarket shop in Bayeux the day after we arrive so you will be able to buy drinks/snacks there too.
Hoodies are in my room – to be collected at any time. Please pay asap if you have not yet done so. Think that is it for now but keep checking the school website to see if there are further updates. A bientôt!