The Modern Languages Department is delighted to announce that the French trip to northern France will go ahead. We will be leaving Ross High school on Sunday 23 June 2019 late at night and we will return at the latest on Saturday 29 June 2019. We will be staying in Glamping PODs at the grounds of the Chateau de Warsy which is situated in a hamlet near Montdidier. There are tennis courts and a heated swimming pool in the grounds of the chateau for the pupils to enjoy.
Please find the proposed itinerary:
- Coach pick up from school late Sunday night– Ferry to Calais – arrive at Chateau de Warsy in the afternoon – dinner and Scavenger hunt at the chateau
- French breakfast, WWI battlefields Somme with packed lunch– Albert museum- Thiepval memorial, Locknagar Crater, Beaumont, Hamel- dinner and château Olympics
- French breakfast, Parc Asterix with a packed lunch– late return for evening meal
- French breakfast, Montdidier town trail and market with a packed lunch – visit to a Goat Farm– dinner and camp fire at chateau
- FridayFrench breakfast, Depart with packed lunch – visit to a Snail Farm – supermarket stop – Ferry to Dover– home late Friday / early Saturday
- As already mentioned the cost of the trip will be £560. All activities and most of the food are included in the price however food en-route is required. Pupils will also need some additional spending money. We are asking for a non-refundable deposit of £160 to secure a place by Friday 21st September 2018 to be paid to the school office at registration or at break time only or online at www.eastlothian.gov.uk/payforit choose Ross High School, Trip and specify France June 2019 in school payment reference. Thereafter, payments can be made by five installments. The total amount must be paid by Friday 29th March 2019.
- Friday 26th October 2018: £100
- Friday 30th November 2018: £50
- Friday 25th January 2019: £100
- Friday 22nd February 2019: £50
- Friday 29th March 2019: £100
Please ensure your child has a valid passport and European Health Insurance Card (EHIC). There will be a parents evening nearer the time but please feel free to contact us at school if you have got any questions or concerns.
Miss C Christie and Mrs L Scott (Modern Languages)