The Modern Languages Department is delighted to announce that the French trip to northern France will go ahead. We will be leaving Ross High school on Sunday 23 June 2019 late at night and we will return at the latest on Saturday 29 June 2019. We will be staying in Glamping PODs at the grounds of the Chateau de Warsy which is situated in a hamlet near Montdidier. There are tennis courts and a heated swimming pool in the grounds of the chateau for the pupils to enjoy.
Please find the proposed itinerary:
- Coach pick up from school late Sunday night– Ferry to Calais – arrive at Chateau de Warsy in the afternoon – dinner and Scavenger hunt at the chateau
- French breakfast, WWI battlefields Somme with packed lunch– Albert museum- Thiepval memorial, Locknagar Crater, Beaumont, Hamel- dinner and château Olympics
- French breakfast, Parc Asterix with a packed lunch– late return for evening meal
- French breakfast, Montdidier town trail and market with a packed lunch – visit to a Goat Farm– dinner and camp fire at chateau
- FridayFrench breakfast, Depart with packed lunch – visit to a Snail Farm – supermarket stop – Ferry to Dover– home late Friday / early Saturday
- As already mentioned the cost of the trip will be £560. All activities and most of the food are included in the price however food en-route is required. Pupils will also need some additional spending money. We are asking for a non-refundable deposit of £160 to secure a place by Friday 21st September 2018 to be paid to the school office at registration or at break time only or online at www.eastlothian.gov.uk/payforit choose Ross High School, Trip and specify France June 2019 in school payment reference. Thereafter, payments can be made by five installments. The total amount must be paid by Friday 29th March 2019.
- Friday 26th October 2018: £100
- Friday 30th November 2018: £50
- Friday 25th January 2019: £100
- Friday 22nd February 2019: £50
- Friday 29th March 2019: £100
Please ensure your child has a valid passport and European Health Insurance Card (EHIC). There will be a parents evening nearer the time but please feel free to contact us at school if you have got any questions or concerns.
Miss C Christie and Mrs L Scott (Modern Languages)
The Modern Languages Department is planning a French trip to northern France close to Amiens from Sunday 23 June 2019 to Saturday 29 June 2019. The trip is open to pupils currently studying or interested in studying French at Ross High School.
We will be travelling to France by coach and we will be staying in the grounds of a beautiful chateau built in 1725 in Glamping PODs. At the chateau there is a heated swimming pool and tennis courts and there will be evening entertainment. During our stay, we will be visiting the town of Montdidier and its market, a goat farm and a snail farm and the Somme battlefields. Also, a French trip cannot be complete without a visit to a theme park and this time it will be Parc Asterix!
Please hand in your permission slips and Parental consent forms to any members of staff of the ML department by this Friday 31 August 2018. No deposit is required until you have received a letter with the itinerary and dates of instalments which means the trip will go ahead.
L Scott and C Christie
Unfortunately, due to the low numbers of pupils signing up to the ML trip, it will not go ahead as it stands at the moment. However, we will try to get a new ML trip organised very soon. If you handed in a deposit, please see Mrs Arthur in the office to collect it.
If you have collected a ML Trip letter could you please hand back the permission slips asap. Last day to sign up is on Wednesday 22 February 2017.
There are still places to sign up for the ML Trip. If you need a form, please collect one from a member of the ML department.
The planned ML trip to Normandy and Paris takes place on Wednesday 20th to Thursday 28th June 2018. The trip is open to pupils currently studying or interested in studying French at Ross High School.
The cost of the trip will be no more than £660. We will be asking for a non-refundable £60 deposit to secure a place and the new date for the deposit will be announced shortly.
Mrs L Scott
The Modern Languages Department is delighted to announce a planned trip to Normandy and Paris from Wednesday 20th to Thursday 28th June 2018. The trip is open to pupils currently studying or interested in studying French at Ross High School.
We will be travelling to France by coach crossing Dover- Calais and we will be spending 4 days in Normandy at Chateau du Molay which is full-board. We are going to explore this area which was devastated during the second world. On the Saturday we will spend the day in Bayeux and visit its local market. We are also going to Mont St Michel and Alligator Bay for a day. At the chateau we will be having a BBQ, a snail & frog tasting session, and also a disco and karaoke night. At the chateau, there is also a heated swimming pool and different sport activities and other games to take part in.
We will then spend two nights in Paris in a hotel and en-route we will be visiting Stade de France before going on a sightseeing boat on the River Seine. We will spend a day in Paris going up the largest building Tour Montparnasse and go to the artistic quarters of Montmartre and Place de Tertre where there will be lots of opportunities to buy souvenirs and paintings. Last day we will be spending at Parc Asterix- a massive theme park based on the famous French cartoon characters Asterix et Obelix.
The cost of the trip will be no more than £660. Most of the food is included in the price however food en-route is required. Pupils will need some additional spending money. If you would like your son/daughter to take part in this trip, please make sure they collect a letter from a member of the ML department. A signed permission slip and a parental consent form should be returned to the school office by Friday 13th January 2017.
We will then be asking for a non-refundable £60 deposit to secure their place by Wednesday 25 January 2017 to be paid to the school office at registration or at break time.
Thereafter, payments will be made by six instalments of £100 and a letter with these dates will be sent home with your child in due course.
Mrs L Scott ( Modern Languages)