A range of transition activities have taken place for young people who were registered to start at Rosehill before the end of session 22-23. These include:
- 7 in person and 7 online sessions with Curriculum Leaders in our partner primary schools
- 3 Senior Leadership Team assemblies in our partner primary schools
- 9 in person sessions with Curriculum Leaders, the Senior Leadership Team, and Pupil Support Workers, for young people at Musselburgh Grammar School
- In person visits from key staff for all out of catchment pupils
- Support for Learning liaison for all incoming pupils
- Meetings with Rosehill staff for all young people in the child planning system
- A range of online parent engagement sessions on topics including curriculum, vision, values, home/school communication, and character education
- A ‘Meet the SLT’ event for all young people and their parents
- Our family learning based Welcome Evening
- Our Rosehill Tours
We have had a significant number of placing requests since the end of June. The families of young people who have been allocated a place at Rosehill for the coming session, but who were not known to the school before the summer break, will be informed of next steps by the House Teams, once the session begins.
The presentations below were shared at our Welcome Evening, and give a good flavour of plans for learning, teaching and curriculum content at Rosehill.
All of our incoming families will benefit from accessing our Google site on expectations for our school community:
It would be very helpful if parents could take time to look through this information with their child prior to starting with us. It can also be referred to on an ongoing basis as questions emerge.
The resources below also provide useful information to support transition.
Day One at Rosehill (Please note, that this will be issued as a letter to all families before the start of term)