S4 National 4 Physical Education
What is the course about?
The new courses are based around you improving your performance. You will:-
- Take part in a wide range of activities.
- Gather information on your performance in these activities.
- Identify strengths and weaknesses.
- Prepare and carry out action plans to improve weaknesses.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of your action plans.
How will I be assessed?
National 4 is internally assessed as PASS or FAIL and there is no final exam at the end of 4th year. During National 4 you will be practically assessed against 6 areas of your performance in 2 activities. These will be continually assessed during each activity. You will be required to complete a ‘Factors that Impact on Performance’ workbook throughout the year. There is also an ‘Added Value Unit’ which focusses on your preparation, conduct and reflection about a chosen performance.
What follow on courses could I take in S5?
Those taking National 4 progress to National 5.