Saltoun Primary School

New Modifications To Our Tables!

A few weeks ago we made tables but since then we have made some modifications to them like making them stronger & adding some more support poles & adding more tape. If you did not read our other about this post then we basically were given a challenge by our teacher to build a table that was sturdy enough to hold 1 or more dictionaries with only a small bit of cardboard, a whole newspaper and tape, but we were not allowed to wrap tape round and round and round or tape the table to the real tables.

Before we made the modifications every single one could hold a dictionary but some of them now can’t hold one anymore. Most people added more tape and newspaper [We were given 4 double sheets of newspaper to add modifications]. My group did the design of cross legs and a pole going though the v points. But most people did the straight legs and poles going across in the middle, every group but my group did that. For modifications Flynn’s group added the side poles. My group added poles everywhere which made it not sturdy anymore. Other groups mostly added more newspaper & tape.

I was with Livi, Sarah and Brodie in a group. I quite liked our design that we chose to do at the start of the crossed legs. I enjoyed doing this.

Lucy Morrison P6



Comments are closed.